doc, i wish to become a monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doc, i wish to become a monk

does it cost anything? i am in canada so where do i go? how long does it take to become a monk? if it does cost how much? how long is the trainig itself take? How old do u have to be? what are the requirements that must be met? do shaolin have prejudices against certain groups of people? thanks

Anybody want to answer this?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

nope.

Comment

Read, and read, and read, then read some more.

All should become clear, or rather murky as you enter the clouded and disfigured world of Shaolin.

''do shaolin have prejudices against certain groups of people?''

I'm pretty sure they don't like smelly people. Who does?

Comment

Use the search function, look for doc, I want to become a monk, look in the shaolin topics under I want to be a monk, look in the archives, etc....

Use some of the fabulous functions brought to you by, the one, the only, the bald badass big boy of Shaolin, Doc.
          practice wu de

Comment

look at the posts in the right sections in the library and you will have a better understanding. stay away from shaolins.com .

becoming a monk is some serious stuff! can u really give up so many thing? sex?

they aint gonna care what you look like, dont know the monk but he was found in a field and became an excellent master in shaolin, had some hair problem but was supposed to be really good.
            died early 1900 i think or 1890-3

i thought the same thing when i went over the first time. thought i could become the best (which i still can) and stuff but you do change when u are over there. as everyone says go for a few months and then see what think.
            why the hell do u wanna leave canada? love that country.

do strecthing here and become flexible, save so much time. are u intrested in buddist studys? maybe read about buddism and then see if it is needed to become a monk or if you can still follow the path of buddha at a strip joint or something. ok forget the strip joint but u know what i mean.

Comment

don't forget the strip joint.

Do you realise how many ppl follow the path of the buddha at strip joints here!?

Comment

I posted the above from my account but somehow I got logged into 'reapergdi's'

Comment

your still reapergdi

Comment

Here we go again.

Anyone starting to feel like a dumb dog chasing it's tail?

Never been to "church" before and tried to practice; there's a first time for everything though.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

nope.
                      No one wants to play "doc for a day"?
                      Use some of the fabulous functions brought to you by, the one, the only, the bald badass big boy of Shaolin, Doc.
                      I like it. Time to update the signature.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Fa Hui is going to start practicing a new religion?

Oh oh....

russbo.com

Comment

Okay, here's the real answer:

Yes, you may become a monk. How do I know? because I get to choose who becomes a monk and who doesn't. As you can see under my name, I am authorized by His Holiness the Abbot Shi Yongxin. He is a true Chan Master and probably the most enlightened man on the Earth, besides Steve Demasco. Well, okay, so I get to wear the shiny yellow pants around here and that makes me important. Nearly anyone can apply...just ask me, send me the suggested donation of $5000 and I will have a guy who at least looks like a monk sprinkle magical Chinese water on you and you can perform the special prostration gesture on His Holiness, the Abbot Shi Yongxin. You do this on your knees. I will also give an apple that is full of Chi. These kinds of apples are delicious.

After you become a monk, it is then suggested you buy Doc's Monk Starter Kit, so you at least look the part. Good luck! I'm waiting for replies now!!!
                          -Jesse Pasleytm
                          "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Yes Doc, I am expanding my horizon. Just thought I would reach out and touch someone.

Oh, I forgot, there's no touching inside the church.
                            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

ok so what do i need to do to become a monk then i am 16 turning 17 in AAugest and i am more than willing to do whatever is neccessary to become a monk of shaolin. also i am in canada so does this matter? and does any training require psionics?

Comment

Working...
                              X