No announcement yet.

doc, i wish to become a monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really need to read throughtout the site. And if you have, do it again, and again, and again; until you get the point. Your 16-17 years old; don't miss out on that. Psychologically most westerners are not ready at that age to commit themselves to monastic life. You have an idea about what it's going to be like at Shaolin. You think it's going to be fun and enriching; and it will be at first. Then homesickness sets, after that you realize how much you love your family, and you wish to see them again. These are only some of the emotions you will have to deal with, a small fraction. This is the unglorified side of things. Did you know that society thought war was once glorious and beautiful, and an honorable thing to do. Then the first photos of the American Civil War were shown and people began to realize that things are not what they think at least with regards to war. But it's the same with lots of things; in fact with almost everything.

But I think you need to experiece it regardless of what you are told. This was told to me too, but I went and had to discover it for myself; and I wouldn't change that for the world. Peace my friend, peace.
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Fa Hui, once you reach a certain level of attainment, touching is allowed inside church.

And will someone please play "doc for a day" with deathpsythe? I've got to start packing.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

listen my family is not a real family we are people who live together and share the same bloodline we are not lovy dovy and i am singled out because of my views and because i am homosexual so do not tell me what i WILL feel please. ok and for the second biz i do not are how hard it is or how long it takes just tell me if i need money to become a monk, where to go, how long it will take, and what i need to do to get in okied day? my msn is gryphonfang@hotmail.com if u have msn and wanna talk monk stuff. oh and i do not wish to become a monk because it sounds kewl or anything it is because i feel that it is the next step in my spriritual journey. oh i almost forgot i want to beco through the traditional way of hard work and study not by paying someone to splash water on me and tell me to go buy a kit from the site, i want legit answers.

Comment

i know the next step in my spiritual journey.... rock n' ****ing roll!!!!

Comment

can someone who knows what they are talking about plz help me thanks

Comment

I recognize that email address. Just couldn't figure it out. Where the hell did this come from. Now, I see.

I got one of those mass mailer "I love you, pass it on to a friend" emails from him.

Thanks. Appreciate the thought. And follow Fa Hui's advice. He's been there and back.

Nothing but surprises on russbo.com lately....
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

ok i have read the faqs and i still do not know where to find a shaolin monk around me that will take me as a disciple. oh and what is their vies on gay people

Comment

I'm sure each monk has their own opinion regarding homosexuality...

What has that got to do with you learning gong fu anyway?

If you really want your own shaolin monk, you will probably have to go to US, Europe or China. Maybe there will be a seminar in Canada. Then you'll have to spend years building a relationship or whatnot before you can even think about discipleship. And the odds for becoming a disciple aren't good. aren't good at all. you should think hard if that's what you really want.

Then again if you're interested in Buddhism there should be a monastery nearby.

You have your WHOLE life ahead of you to do this. Why not finish school first, seeing as you've come this far, and then see what you want?

Shaolin will always be there. You have plenty of time. Take it slowly, one step at a time. And as you gain more experience, you might find that your priorities change, or don't, either way, you will be in a much better position to make a decision.

Comment

okie day so what do i do if me wanna become a monk like who do i contact?

Comment

The Monk Hotline!

Comment

OKAY wher is that if it existed

Comment

in a place... called your heart

btw, what's "psionics"?

Comment

the manipulation of energy around and in u

Comment

oh don't be silly, that's just called rock and roll.

it's friday night and i'm GONE! later suckers! here's to another weekend of jack daniels, the raveonettes and more jack daniels!

- zach

Comment

umm... no it is not

Comment

Working...
                                X