No announcement yet.

Ba Duan Jin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it depends on who you're showing it to. Sometimes I have seen people just say stick with what you learned in the past. Unless it's something totally not right. But it's mostly correct. So they rather not confuse you by showing you a new way each time you go to a new person. But there is standard. Anyway you learn it you will probably be corrected and shown the standard way they do it. But until you go there. Just do what you do now. Don't confuse yourself. No need to correct yourself. Maybe correct yourself on proper position and posture. But the moves won't really be incorrect to where it's gonna mess something up. You know, a left hand up before right or twist one way before the other isn't really gonna hurt anything. Only minor adjustments will be shown later. But for now, just do what you do so as not to confuse yourself. Stop worrying about it and just practice the form and posture.

Comment

Ok thanks I understand.

Is it good to repeat 3 times all the forms like to repeat each movements 3 times? I saw a demonstration but they do that just one time each movements... Its probably because its just a demonstration but the bend backward and foward and backward and repeat three times before to pass with another movements its boring and tough for the back...
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

The three times thing is kind of wrong. The back bending thing is done twice. I think I just screwed up. Gonna have to fix that page, I had made it a long time ago.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Are the shaolin monks doing the form just one time?

So if for the back bending its twice, what is the times to do the other exercices?
          =========
          Peace out!

Comment

I've been practicing it for a few years in a very similar but non horsestance-ey way than shaolin/ shi dechang. I would say the number of repetitions and exact exactness don't matter at all. The only thing that matters is that you use your whole body, not just the part in motion, to do the excercises. you can't have chi in just your neck or your hand it won't work.
            "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

and more importantly, breathe through the dantien. Otherwise you will not get anywhere. that' is much more important than my above comment

Comment

Hey if this is any help to anyone for The Ba Duan Jin go to www.shaolinwolf.com they havea pictured demonstration which i found very useful.

Comment

www.shaolinwolf.com? COuld you give me the complete URL because im member of shaolinwolf and never saw those pictures. However, www.aboutshaolin.com has a pictured demonstration of Ba Duan Jin
                  =========
                  Peace out!

Comment

LOL, Chen Zen I see your here worrying about things aswell lol, I have a video on Ba Duan Jin, its great, done by a guy from the beijing wushu team, he really knows his stuff..

Comment

We have a video of it, that we're going to put on the site. Once we find it amongst all the other videos...
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

Start from the top and put all the videos on.

Comment

It's a great excercise with alot of variations. In fact, if you look at alot of qigong stuff, be it martial health spiritual or whatever, many of them closely resemble it which should tell you something.

Comment

Working...
                          X