Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help, doc!! The persistence of alcohol flavor status post Irish coffee ingestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, doc!! The persistence of alcohol flavor status post Irish coffee ingestion.

i'm drinking my customary afternoon coffee, and it tastes to me like irish coffee. i haven't even had any whiskey since saturday. what does this mean??

- zach

In my professional medical opinion, after seeing many cases of this nature, I can strongly attest that you might want to consider washing your coffee mug.

I try to avoid this issue, by using hot water in my dishwasher, putting the proper amount of soap in the little soap dispenser cup, and, making sure that my dog Mickey does an adequate lick job on the utensils and dishware, by not leaving any food residue.

You have to watch these dogs, their competence level varies, and they always seem to miss a spot.

Do you have a dog??? You might consider getting one.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

the possible cause of my particular problem that you mentioned is a legitimate one, one that i may have considered myself, if not for an outside factor that ruled it out, that being, at the time referenced, i was drinking out of my coffee mug at work, while all of my irish coffee drinking up to that point had been done at home, out of another coffee mug than the one in question.

now i have to accept the possibility that perhaps i am not in full control of myself at work, and in a fleeting moment of rampant alcoholism, my innermost urges to be drinking irish coffee at work asserted themselves, unbeknownst to my conscious mind, and i spiked the coffee i was drinking with a bit of jim beam or jack daniels.

i'll have to look into this more thoroughly.

- zach

Comment

Have you considered the fact that, a possible previous consistent long term ingestion of the offending substance, has tempered your taste buds into thinking that they are always surrounded and bathed by the alcoholic substance?

I have a similar problem. My lap continually feels like I've got some half naked fat chick on it.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

maybe my tastebuds are just wishfully tasting...

Comment

My lap is having nightmares.

russbo.com

Comment

I think your sobriety is becoming a problem. Perhaps you should bring a bottle of jack with you to work to fix your tastebuds.
              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

now that's my kind of prescription.

Comment

You're going to make a fine Chinese doctor Daodejing.

Oh Doc, Doc, Doc...

Need I continue?
                  "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Yes, Fa Hui, actually, you're not doing to badly here.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X