Shaolin Temple UK: Teacher whereabouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Temple UK: Teacher whereabouts

Hello all, this is my first post on this website and it seems like there is a wealth of information and knowledge here.This is for people who go to the Shaolin Temple in Tuffnel Park. I was wondering whether any of you know where the Taichi teacher ( who used to teach at Shaolin Temple UK went. He was not a monk, he was a pretty big (broad sholdered guy), he smiled a lot and he often wore sunglasses I would have asked Shifu Yanze but I understand that they all got into kind of a squabble which was one of the reasons he left. I would very much appreciate it if any of you could tell me anything you know about his whereabouts. Thank you.

The guy with (comparatively) long hair, right? I have no idea where he went. The little bald one (ie little in height, huge in bulk) who used to teach Preparation class seems to have disappeared too, all since the christmas break.

They seem to have drafted in a bunch of other teachers as replacements though, and more classes are offered now, so I guess it's balanced out ok. Those two Shifus were cool though, specially the little bald one, he was funny

Comment

The Shifu who taught Taiji was Shi Yan Jiang. I heard that he was still teaching somewhere in London but I don't know if that's correct or not.
      Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Big? Yan Jiang was a little un. Yeah, he fell out with Yanzi unfortunately but he still teaches in London. Lovely guy. Don't know where. I heard (unconfirmed) that they parted on civil terms, so it probably wouldn't hurt to call the temple and ask. Yan Chang, the other one, was sent back to China.

Anyway, I think they have a new Taichi shifu. And the new timetable is awesome. Mantis workshops, weapons, and a bit of wushu offered too.

Comment

Working...
        X