2004 taiji legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 taiji legacy

Hey guys, im just wanting to know if anyone here will be at the tourney in Plano, TX this summer. mainly because it would be cool to meet some of the ppl on here.

anyway, just wondering.

Yeah, I'll be there again...

It is in Dallas (Arlington actually), right near the baseball park.
    My teacher will be doing a couple of seminars there....
    Dragon turtle's shi'fu usually goes too...
    practice wu de

Comment

What do you guys think of the event? I am wondering if it would be worth flying down for the weekend and maybe attend a few of the seminars. How is the competition? Do you see some pretty skillful stuff and are the divisions very large?

Comment

cool!

who are you guys' sifu's? i dont really have a formal teacher..most of what i practice nowadays is stuff i learn from friends and former teachers.

will you guys be doing seminars? ill be doing the da hong chuan and yin shou guan ones for sure, but im also wanting to do some XingYi and chen taiji if i get the chance. theres a pretty good chen taiji school that goes and competes there and i was hoping to mingle with some of them, amongst other people.

Comment

Shi De Shan is scheduled for two seminars there. he will probly also bring Sun Nuo, a member of the beijing wushu team that has joined his school in houston. He is 19 and of course very good in forms and weapons. Im not sure yet what seminars he will be giving but you can ck the taiji leagacy website for seminar updates.
          Mi Jin Pei, a coach from the china national wushu team has also joined De Shans school in houston. A new web site is now up http://www.houstonshaolintemple.com/ not quite finished yet.
          life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

Dragonturtle, you wouldnt happen to know a guy named Brent, who commutes to train with De Shan, would you? i met the guy last year at Chinwoo and we hung out quite a bit after the seminars.

Comment

Brent? is he from san antonio, does kempo?, then yes we did a chin na seminar at his school, and he and some of his friends do come to houston and play with us.
              life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

I think it's capoera...but i dunno its been a while and i only met him like once. anyway cool, i hope to see some of you guys out there...i dont think ill be competing, but ill be doing seminars.

Comment

I'll be competing in Yang taiji open forms, maybe the 24, maybe the sword; then Northern external open hands, broadsword, straight sword, maybe long weapon, and push hands.
                  practice wu de

Comment

Competing in eight divisions seems like it would be a little hectic.

Comment

Well, the push hands would be on Sunday, so at most in one day 7. Thinking about it now, I prob. wouldn't do the 24 either. I'vwe done 6 in a day before, it is a bit tiring.
                      practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                      X