Question on DeYang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on DeYang...

Hey Doc, you're probably the only one here who has had the great oppurtunity to train with Shi DeYang, right? Is he one the best traditional gongfu masters/fighters in the Temple right now? Have you ever had a chance to see his internal power firsthand? (I remember seeing a picture of him breaking a huge rock in half with a kick. Just wondering if you've had the chance to see him do something like that in front of you...)
    a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

I have spent a lot of time with Deyang, but I have never trained with him. And yes, he is one of the best traditional masters. I wouldn't believe all these photos, however, if I were you.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I got a chance to train with him briefly.

Basically we were in a parking lot throwing punches around, lol...

But the real treat came later in the night when he did an old mantis form I never saw before.

Wish I had a camera.
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

From what I understand reading around the site:

The more traditionally inclined monks are: Shi DeCheng, Shi DeYang (anyone else?)

The ones with a mix between traditional and wushu are: Shi Xing Hong, Shi YanZhang, Li Peng, Yan Ming,

Not sure about: Shi Yanzi, Shi Xinwei, Shi YanLi
        (anyone want to help?)

I'm assuming the only way to to learn the traditional stuff is to go to the particular monk's school and learn from him specifically, as I gather that the coaches don't know much of the traditional stuff?

Comment

You trained with him Arhat? How was it? Was he able to produce great power or was he just screwing around with you a little bit?

Doc, so you're saying that DeYang WILLINGLY lied to people and broke a fake rock? I usually don't believe everything I see immediately, but I figured DeYang was a pretty honorable guy that didn't do bull**** stunts.
          a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

No, I didn't say that Deyang lied to anyone. I just said, don't always believe what you see. I didn't say that the rock was fake. Rocks with fracture lines can be easily fractured, depending upon the type of rock it is.

The breaking of the iron bar over the head is just an example of this.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Fair enough, but my question for you stands. Is he able to generate fajing? That is, send internal energy, not just muscle power, but send internal energy in his kicks? (Or his hands, neck, etc?) On that note, have you had a chance to meet DeShan from Texas? From what I've seen, he has skills in Iron Neck (hangs himself), and Iron Crotch (pulled a big stone wheel with his "package", heh. Thanks in advance for the reply, Doc.

Comment

From what I've seen, he has skills in Iron Neck (hangs himself), and Iron Crotch (pulled a big stone wheel with his "package", heh.
                Now THAT'S something I've always wanted to do...

Deyang's abilities match Decheng's, and other senior monks that I've had the opportunity to play with. His magical mystical powers are not up to your expectations, however.

russbo.com

Comment

Doc, that's slightly misleading, don't ya think?

I mean, have you ever seen him eat a lobster?

He obviously has magic jaw skills because he doesn't care too much about chewing through shell.
                  -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Lobster?

What are you boys feeding him in New York?

russbo.com

Comment

Dammit Doc! You haven't given me a straight answer! Heh heh. Have you seen DeYang produce any fajing at all then? Saying his skills match DeCheng's doesn't clear things up for me, since I have NO idea how powerful a fighter DeCheng is, heh heh. Can they take direct hits to the neck like I'm assuming DeShan can? Once again, thanks in advance to all the replies.

Comment

Can they take direct hits to the neck like I'm assuming DeShan can?
                        Why would they want to?

They both exhibit extremely powerful gong fu. I think Decheng might be more powerful, as he's a lot bigger, circumferentially. Solid little guy. DeYang is a bit slighter, which, might allow him to move faster. I haven't seen Deshan, but I have no doubt that he is of the same caliber.

russbo.com

Comment

Good...

Ha, thanks Doc, that reply was a little more clear.

Doc: "Why would they want to?" (about taking hits to neck)

Heh heh heh, I don't think anyone enjoys taking beatings or blade slashes to the neck; what I was trying to say though, is that, do they possess those skills? Iron Shirt, the very high level Golden Bell Cover, Iron Neck, Iron Crotch, Iron etc. Obviously someone who possesses these skills doesn't deliberately want his enemy to attack his body, but these skills were developed to allow the body to take tremendous beatings, in case a horrible situation occurs where one's very life is in danger (getting jumped by several people with bats or fists is one possible scenario.) Heh heh, I was never assuming they would WANT to get caught in that situation though.
                          Sorry if I was making it sound like that at first.

Comment

Doc- well, we fed him lobster. He wasn't too concerned with the shell. He was like a conehead.

This was actually in DC, in a great little fresh noodle shop. You would like it, it was just like being in China. You just could not get a clean glass. You know what I mean.

Meat- that has got to be the funniest thing I have read all week.

You would probably get a huge kick out of the love edit.

As to my 'training' with De Yang we were just messing around in a parking lot. Suffice it to say though, he has some punches.
                            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

understand that iron shirt is a high level art, and in real iron shirt there is no differentation between iron shirt and iron neck, ie sealing the 8 gates(the neck is one of them)

amitabha
                              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                              X