A question on a certain Video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on a certain Video...

Okay, everyone has seen the video Shaolin Ulysses, right? (Sorry Doc, I know you don't like your cameo in that video, hahaha.) Okay, well, I'm very interested in that old video footage that shows monks like LiPeng, (showing his "bowl" chi kung skills, and DeShan (dragging a heavy stone wheel with his 'package' arrgh, sounds painful...), during the documentary of Shaolin Ulysses, they show LiPeng watching bits and parts of that video footage with his wife; I also have the video Secret of The Warrior's Power (features Yan Ming, Pan Qing-Fu, Dennis Brown, Pui Chan) and it shows some similar old looking video footage of monks showing Golden Bell Cover skill (ramming a massive tree trunk into belly). Perhaps both pieces of footage are from the same documentary? I think they gave the name of it on Shaolin Ulysses, I don't remember for sure, but I think it was called "Real Shaolin KungFu of China", not sure though.
    Anyway, does anybody here have any idea where I can buy/find this old documentary?
    a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

I thought I saw that once in KungFuMagazine. Not sure. You can look in there or call them and ask for it.

a mi tuo fo
    -Xing Jian

Comment

Hmmm, I don't know man. I go to Kungfumagazine.com a lot, and I also check out many of their products on martialartsmart.com, but I've never seen that video there. I have a BOOK titled "Shaolin KungFu of China", and it does feature old pictures of LiPeng Zhang, Shi Yan Ming, DeYang, as well as others. It's a nice book with excellent photographs, BUT, I'm looking for video footage. That same footage that is shown where I said in the post above. Hopefully I can find it somewhere, just don't know where yet, hence the reason for this post.
      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

I see. I may be wrong. I tried...

a mi tuo fo
        -Xing Jian

Comment

Hey meattosser,

I saw that video a long time ago. It was on the discovery channel and they called it Myths & Logic of Shaolin Kungfu. You can try checking out the Discovery channel's website and see if they have it for sale or do you have a chinatown in your area? You can maybe find it there. Hope that helps.
          Amithaba

Comment

I almost forgot. I think Amazon.com might sell the dvd. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
            I dunno if it's the same one with the old footages. The title is the same as the one i saw in the past but, the cover has pictures of newer generation looking monks. So good luck.
            Amithaba

Comment

i have this video,"myths and logic of shaolin kung-fu",you can download it from the emule.
              i hope it's helps
              son of the light

Comment

the video you are looking for can be found on emule... it goes by the name of "Jet Li - Shaolin kung fu (Discovery Documentary).avi"

It shows the Iron Egg Skill and many other skills not seen so often. It also stars the legendary Hai Deng.
                This video has a lot of rare footage indeed.

Comment

Awesome man, thanks all of you for all the replies, I'll check out these things ASAP. Anyway, any more future feedback would still be welcome.

Comment

By the way, anyone know where I can get it besides eMULE?

Also, is this perhaps the same video?

Attached Files

Comment

I should be darned if it wasn't... almost 99% sure of it.

Hey could you send a copy of that dvd to me if ya gonna buy it?

Comment

Yah I believe that's the dvd. You can try Shareza, not sure if you can find it but it's worth a try.
                        Amithaba

Comment

Ha, sure Asger, I'll give you a copy of it, but how would I make the copy? I have no burner, heh.

Comment

no burner? ai ya, that's rotten cake.. looks as if i'll have to do the purchase myself

Comment

I have one from back in the day, that reminds me or what you are talking about.. it is a bad dub.. a lot more stuff than the Myths & Legends dvd, which I have seen a few times. Both have good footage, a lot of the footage you'll find is repackaged stuff, from the 80s and early 90s I think. It has all the Li Lien Jie stuff, has the stone and package, a monk hanging himself by his neck and posing, a bunch of forms, and every other shaolin qigong trick.
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X