No announcement yet.

"seven mountains spirit fist" kung fu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dao, honestly I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Do you now anything more about these MA that are related with daoism and there practices? With you experience in TMC, what is you opinion of this interview>?

Now hua tuo's wuqinxi 五禽戲 is what most believe to be of the oldest qigong sets, which is derived from animals, but I've never heard anyone say you want the spirit of the animal to take over your body.

g
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I don't say about the style itself, but the photos from this club are not convincing...Looks like a middle aged hemp smokers association who watched too many Jackie Chan movies...As far as i'm concerned.
      The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

once i saw a guy smoke some pcp, after that he took off all of his clothes, got on all fours and started growling barking pissing and crapping everywhere, does that mean he became possesed by a dog spirit?
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

one, i didnt read the interview, but the excerpted quote is not unbeleivable to me. Taoism was rooted in shamanistic origins, and there are older rituals involving that sort of thing.

However, my favorite sifu interview was my wing chun sifu's sigong, in KFM,
          KFM: Why arent there any high kicks in wing chun? Its a useful technique which your style seems to ignore. Why dont you kick to the head?
          Augistine Fong: Same reason I dont punch you in your feet.
          KFM: but kicks to the head can be very powerful, is there a good reason your style ignores these techniques?
          Augistine Fong: Why would I run you over with a mac truck when i can run you over just as well with a volkswagon?

splinter, in a word, maybe. He obviously had very little control of his mind at the time, and heavy drugs tend to blast alot channels open, such that things can get into the body more easily. Maybe he was temporarily possesed by a dog spirit, maybe he was so ****ed up that his spirit simply thought it was a dog. Mabye he thought acting like a dog would be funny and then forgot why he started acting like a dog.

I'm not saying this guy is legitamate, but at the same time what i am saying is that his claims do not make him immediatly illegitamate. If you want to find out anything, spar with him. Words lie, fighting technique seldom does.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Did you know my wingchun teacher trained under Augustine Fong?

Comment

why is the excerpted quote not unbelievable to you?

"Taoism was rooted in shamanistic origins, and there are older rituals involving that sort of thing."
              Yes, but does that lead you to believe it or simply believe in the possibility?

thanks.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

DDJ has believed in the existence of spirits for a while, this is nothing new to him. Quite obviously I do not, but mostly I was making fun of the interviewer and not the interviewee in this one. Whether you believe them or not, this guy makes some wild claims about his style, but the interviewer just passes right by what is obviously the most interesting thing Mr. Phuoc is saying, without any more questions. I just thought it was kinda funny.
                Last edited by zachsan; 11-03-2005, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I believe in the possibility that this fellow is telling the truth. However, i do not neccessarily beleive in the "possibility" of dealing with spirits. I dont need to beleive in that, I've had direct experience in the field.

Zach, excellent point, he should've dived into that answer, not run around the pool with softball questions.

Mortal, does this mean, you're my longlost gongfu uncle?

Comment

I am your long lost uncle!! I didn't know you were a wingchun man. And the same lineage! wow. Together we could defeat the world.

Comment

hehe. Well i'm wingcun's prodigal son. More of a jkd man who's been slacking badly in his training. We've trained infrequently, and very little. I'd say in the past 2 years though we've done about 4 months worth of serious training in wing chun.

But it is the same lineage. Oscar Talamantes<<<Dr. Morimoto<<<Augistine Fong.

Maybe some year we'll meet up for one of Fong's shindigs in pheonix. And then, we shall conquer the world, starting in vegas. At doc's house. With daily prayer ceremonies at church, to strengthen our qi.

Comment

DDJ has believed in the existence of spirits for a while, this is nothing new to him.

Well, believing in the possibility and having an experience are quite possibly to two different things. Dao, would you be be willing to elaborate on the experience(s) you've had with spirits?

g
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Maybe. But not right now

Comment

he should've dived into that answer, not run around the pool with softball questions.
                            I'm simply trying to do what you yourself suggested.

Maybe. But not right now
                            When?
                            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Soon. It'll take me a long time to type up a few stories.

Comment

so strange

hi
                                I've never heard of something called "seven mountains spirit fist" gongfu before.
                                what kind of style ? so strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X