No announcement yet.

Real country music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by the way, listen to the velvet underground. a lot. don't get so inspired that you have to start shooting heroin. but listen to them and you will be saved.

Comment

Hey Zach, by the way, did you ever meet up with the teacher you were curious about? You know, the "Seven Mountains" fist guy?
      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

nope, i never really had much of an intention of meeting up with him, i was just curious about it.

Comment

I'm an underground hip hop, jungle, rock, anything but country and polka kinda guy...lol.

Aesop Rock
          Mr. Lif
          Mos Def
          etc... is my style hip hop

Jimi Hendrix
          Bob Dylan
          The Who
          etc... from back before my day

BB
          Miles
          Louis Armstrong
          etc... from even further back in the day

DJ Brockie
          AK 1200
          etc. from now in the Jungle scene (which I don't partake in so much any more; it gets depressing watching a bunch of 16-20 year olds do a lot of K and think it is fun).
          practice wu de

Comment

Velvet Underground.

Now that's a band.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

peel slowly and see.

Comment

Lou Reed made Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine
                practice wu de

Comment

yeah that was funny ****, i think it was eagle claw that he took.

Comment

Tai Chi

His master is actually really well know; Ren Guang Yi. He had an article in the issue before this last Shaolin Special as well.
                    practice wu de

Comment

Shaolinstylee said: "I'm an underground hip hop, jungle, rock, anything but country and polka kinda guy...lol"

Hey man, check out information on Immortal Technique, Poison Pen, C Rayz Walz (you probably know him since he's on the Def Jux label now), and the rest of the Stronghold Crew, they're all outstanding MC's man. Good, good stuff. Also, check out Saigon aka the Yardfather, I think he just recently released his official debut "Warning Shots". His flow is awesome.

Also, if you live in the LA area, you should go see KRS-ONE tomorrow (Saturday, June 5th) at the El Rey Theater, the show starts at 8:00pm. 25 bucks. I'll be there man, it's gonna be insane.

(P.S. Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, especially the 'current events' ha, but I've been disconnecting and installing new computer parts and all that, so I wasn't using the 'net too often)
                      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

Okay wait, that "Warning Shots" CD is not Saigon's Debut, it's actually just sort a prequel CD to his upcoming full length LP "The Greatest Story Never Told", due out by next year.

Comment

forgot to mention: Sex Pistols
                          zach, you must agree with me when I say: they rock!

Comment

Slipknot kicks ass. Sex pistols are pretty damn cool too.

Comment

that they do asger, that they do. and while we're talking about punk, listen to the ramones obviously, but other than that the clash, television, definitely the buzzcocks and certainly the new york dolls.

Comment

Anyone mention the Scorpions? Found some of their stuff with the Berlin Philharmonic here, pretty good stuff.

Never expected a thread on "country music" to be five pages long...
                                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                                russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X