Feng Shui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feng Shui

is the shaolin temple in china builded with all the Feng Shui rules and principles?
    =========
    Peace out!

It's built according to typical Chinese construction principles. Along a north south axis. With the holiest of the buildings to the north. Doors facing south. Unimportant buildings to the east and west. It is also built according to typical temple standards, if I may use that word. You're greeted by the "happy Buddha", kind of a welcoming committee, to demonstrate to you that the temple is a joyous place to be. Next, memorial stones, from others who have donated and shown fealty. Then, the guardians of the temple, who demonstrate that the temple is a holy place, not to be messed with. As you go further north into the temple, from one building to the next, you find pavillions with different Buddhas. The first main one inside is the holy pavillion for prayer services. Further on it, meeting rooms and ceremony rooms. Lastly, furthest north, is the Thousand Buddha pavillion, Shaolin's oldest and holiest temple, in which gong fu training took place. The transition from meditative Buddhism to gong fu Buddhist practice is obvious. On the return, as you exit, one sees the Buddha of compassion, reminding you that, despite the obvious changes as you go from south to north, which bring you deeper and deeper into Buddhist practice, and, the obvious destructive capacity one can learn as one goes further into the depths of the temple, one must retain a significant degree of compassion.

Construction of doors and windows, along with outside patio areas around the buildings, and, inner construction of each pavillion, is typical, found not only in temples throughout China, but also homes and palaces.

You'll find similar "layout" in the Forbidden City, as well as most of the older familial homes in the hutongs of Beijing.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Lol! Tank you doc. I'm surprise that i had a so complete answer like that to this type of question ;-)
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

Working...
      X