some website suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some website suggestions

I think this site has alot of good content, and from what I hear that is the most important thing. My concern is that it's kind of hard to find stuff. For example, perhaps the forum should be it's own site, so the forum could take up more space. Also site and the forums and have forums linked such as on a php system.
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

already made a neat php sitemap for Doc, but he's too darn lazy to put it on... should take about 5 mins to do but ah well, he's an old man. hehe

Comment

The old man is also in Thailand, on a 20kbps faulty connection at best. He'll get around to it, lol.

There are two forums, each "their own site" within the larger one. The java script menu on the left easily defines the layout of the site. Just click on one of the main headings, and drag your mouse. Each link that appears is a new page. Works just like a php menu. Which, I will get on the site when I get back.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Well, the site seems cluttered. When I do get the button to pop up, it "flickers". Just curious how many "mods" do you have. For example could the site map, links and search engine all go under one button?

Comment

You need to upgrade your Internet Explorer, make sure that you have Java Virtual Machine installed (read about this in the appropriate section of the Site Map), and get on a good internet connection. The site works well, provided that you have the latest software. The java script menu works fine for me, here in Thailand, on a 28.8 kbps connection. No reason why it shouldn't work for you.

The site map, links, and search engine can not go under one button. Each is an elaborate program on it's own.

Get updated. It will work. Promise. Spent a lot of time on this site, to get it where it is. Going to have to spend a hell of a lot more on it, got lots of additions coming.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Yeah, that's probably the result of all the content. My connection is 49.2 kbps. I run the windows updates. I'm just wondering because it seems some of the topics belong in other forums. Such as training in China.

Comment

I try to organize the different posts into the appropriate forums, because some people fail to do so, not realizing that the forum becomes a resource, as opposed to just a place to bull****. But, sometimes its difficult to stay on top of. We try to keep things as organized as possible. The forums, and the site, actually do have a structure to them.

russbo.com

Comment

I switched to firefox internet client, and that seems to have fixed the browser.
                "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

I should probably reorganize the site a little better. I purposely kept things like the destruction of the village in a different area; it should probably now go into the history section.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or contributions, please don't hesitate. I've been working with National Geographic, and eventually, the site is going to be "featured"....

Any help would be appreciated.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X