Shaolin Do-- The Most Comprehensive Martial Art in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Do-- The Most Comprehensive Martial Art in the World

Wow, first time ever starting a thread....I'm so excited. Anyway, I have some family friends that are learning Shaolin from some school. We met one day and were exchanging some technique, after a while, I felt that his moves were somewhat odd. I looked up his school and found out that it is very famous in the Southeast.....I jest, actually only in Georgia, Tenessee and Kentucky.
    If anyone out there knows about this school:

please tell me something about it. Some of you might have heard about it already. It's a school that teaches Shaolin but wears a gi and bases its ranking on the Japanese belt system. If not, please don't become bias based on that comment. Again, anything you know or find out would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on your first thread man. Nicely done. Quite the topic.

Unfortunately, this has been discussed ad nauseum before. Not sure where it is in the forum, but it's in here. Quite extensive discussion at that. And, I think there's also a thread in the ARCHIVE too. It's worth the time trying to find it. I think you'll find it educational.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks, I guess I'll go on my expedition to unearth it from this huge forum then.

Comment

Well, I went through the archives and found the article. Even though I don't personally like Shaolin-Do......you guys were mean. I thought that kinda teasing couldn't possibly exist on this forum....but I was mistaken. Wow

Comment

lol, then you have a lot to learn.. we'll tease anyone who is bald and wears an orange fanny pack, right Doc. Seriously, there is a lot of discussions on Shaolin Do around the internet. Do a search over at kung fu magazines forums too....

Shaolin Do schools are found in Texas, Colorado, and then in the south east.
          practice wu de

Comment

There are two threads on Shaolin Do in the Archive, under, "Other Martial Arts".

I don't think people here are mean. They're just, well, opinionated. I think we have one of those schools in Las Vegas also. I personally have nothing against them; but, I must admit, I find their history that they depict on their website, to be, well, quite bizarre. The problem that you'll find, in life, is that if you make claims, you really need to be able to back them up. If you don't support what you claim, you invite ridicule.

Feel free to start another thread on Shaolin Do, in a pertinent part of this forum. The Archive does not allow posts anymore.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

vasuva man, you had to know about this before posting this thread...

Comment

Working...
              X