Get rid of the wu shu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of the wu shu

I am sick of wu shu and how the chinese government promotes it. Wu Shu artists are tainting the name of kung fu and are giving all our kung fu artist a bad reputation for being cowards and unskillful in combat. I say bring back kung fu to it's former purpose, to fight and defend regardless of how unpretty it may be and keep wu shu back where it belongs, a circus act and away from shaolin temples. Personally I hate what the government has done, now and the past with all kung fu, the government were cowards back then killing any true kung fu artists and to cover it all up they use wu shu clowns in their place and has been happening even probably to these days as well. Why fear kung fu, kung fu is dead and the human is living, fear the human if one fears anything.

Sounds like you're not doing enough to uphold kung fu's amazing reputation as a fighting art. Go start a challeng match. Please.
    -Jesse Pasleytm
    "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

pazman, why do you have to instigate? your one of the oldest members why do you hate on the traditionalist?

listen, wushu is gay. it takes alot to be good at it though, alot more then alot of americans will put up with, so i commend them being an american and all..ermm but anyway hes right

traditional gung fu requires alot more strength of mind and body, to get the best results, this leads to more combat proficiency and more health, i wish there were more kung fu students like this guy
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Do it.. but, they are two seperate things... I respect wushu a lot, as a pure sport, and I think there is a place for it. There is also room for gung fu, in it's purest form, if you have a problem with it, don't do it.
        practice wu de

Comment

I'm not hating on the traditionalist, per se, but the pontificating tone that some people take toward wushu is a bit much. I myself don't particularly like wushu, I'm not good at it and I really do prefer the aesthetics of more traditional arts. That being said, I've never met a wushu player who thought they were actually learning a 'fighting art'. Honesty is a great thing...I wish more people would take a cue from athletic culture and learn to be more honest with themselves. I think (at least in America) the fat twaddles in black pajamas who claim to be 'kung fu masters' do more to hurt the image of kung fu than wushu athletes. Master worship, too-deadly-for-the-ring attitude, and general close-mindedness is gonna kill kung fu way before wushu ever will. I love the traditional arts, but if practitioners want the good reputation, they're gonna have to buck up and fight instead of complaining about girls in their silk pajamas doing kip ups.

That image brings up nice memories...
          -Jesse Pasleytm
          "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

well said paz...
            practice wu de

Comment

this guy registers at forums and posts this one message, pretty annoying if you ask me...

sounds like a guy who has no skill whatsoever. hehehehheheh
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

wushu is pretty gay, but then again I am a devout lesbian so it doesn't bother me that much...if a guy comes on the matt you just use it as an opportunity to take a leak or get a beer. You know he'll be over in like 30 seconds and a chick is never far away in the lineup.

i think there are worse threats to traditional gong fu than wushu. anyway, what's not to like about hot asian chicks who can drop into a ****ing full split!!! I even like the way some of the non asian women look when they get all gussed out in the silks.

i think paz said it best- where are the ill traditionalists...many of the traditional, as they call themselves, masters are pudgy white guys smashing weak ass bricks...

one time I was in this traditional master's home, and Shi De Yang and SHi Yan Ming were there, and it was a party. After a bit, we retired to this basement the guy had finished up real nice, and someone asks SDY to do an old traditional form. Well it was ****ing gorgeous. Looked to me like an old mantis form, but you know monks, they get all crafty when you ask questions...

But someone atthe party said it best when he finished the form- he goes, wow...that was so beautiful....but there is no one who would appreciate seeing that. Then seeing the wushu shit SDY put his name to in those vids here at Russbo, I was like Oh...My...God...this is not the same guy who was throwing punches and kicks around with me in the parking lot of Denny's!!!

Obviously homeboy was referring to the general public in his comment and he was right on the money. The Daily News just came and did a report on us, and the photog really wanted something flashy out of SYM...who just pulled a bunch of strong lohan stances and says, with the kind of finality that makes you KNOW he is not a performer doing hat tricks for tin can money, "That's good yes?"

Wushu is a double edged sword.

It ain't going away.
                "Arhat, I am your father..."
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

YOU'RE A WOMAN?!?!?!

*falls back on beanbags in shock*

owwwww
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

would one have a need for the chopper in this instance, stylee?
                    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The prospect of Arhat and her hot silky kung fu sisters is making me all sweaty. But it was also kind of hot today.

Comment

I'd be more scared of xma and the fact we don't have much going on in the cage (tma let alone tcma now).

Truth be told, I enjoy doing the little wushu I know, but would never train it too seriously. Now what I can't stand is "lethal wushu" lol... but either way, stop hatin'
                        practice wu de

Comment

I don't really see many xma things going on right now, but then again, I am not in a real martially exposed area.

But I would love to see a tma/tcma fighter take it to the ring and do well. This is highly improbably, however, because I just don't think it's possible to see a real tma showing in fights like the UFC. The fighters may possibly have a tma background, but they will ultimately rely on something like bjj or kickboxing to win. They won't be doing a mantis block or any tiger style in the ring.

The thing is what they use could or might be from tma but utilized in the way it is, it is hard to catch or recognize these kinds of things. Just about the only thing I see besides "kickboxing" or "jiu-jitsu" as a style descibed in fights is maybe "karate". And we all know how traditional karate is in this context.
                          Last edited by LeiYunFat; 05-24-2005, 12:28 AM.

Comment

well, take a look at the complexity of the styles in mention.

kickboxing, this is pretty much as easy as it gets when it comes to remembering moves and applications, no cryptic messages, simple principles, simple effective moves and execution, relying on their brute strength and conditioning. a ring fighter can be made in about 2 years minimum. on the other hand, you have tma's, which are much more complicated as a system and harder to master, taking decades to reach the ideal proficiency level, it is alot of information to remember and actually be able to USE it, and, it is not really modernized, the creators of these arts did not ever encounter these big huge muscle types, they were used to fughting people of equal stature, so in my opinion the moves arent really affective in fighting larger stronger opponents, and the ones that are, are usually to deadly to perform in the ring, ahighly trained deadly tmaist, would most likely just rip your guts out, pull your nuts off, tear your throat etc. but with the prevalence of aids and other transmittable diseases, i dont see the logic in that. these arts are not sport arts, but MARTIAL KILLING arts, when you bring them to the sport side, you take away alot of their effectiveness, judo is a prime victim of this, judo is a more effective art then jiu jitsu, the kodokan of the olden days proved it, but certain things like atemi waza techniques taught to jigoro kano by he founder of shotokan karate, have been stripped away due to the deadliness of them. also, most of these arts train you to be sneaky in application, using principle that your opponent does not understand, while an art like kickboxing just teaches you how to beat the crap out of someone, plain and simple. honestly, i dont think modern fighters posses the skill or devotion to their tma's to be able to represent them in a ring, back in those days, all one had was his martial arts, it was thier life, nowadays, people train to be cool, or bring glory to themselves. jiu jitsu is so effective because it has the power to cut the fight short very quickly, dont let em grab you or its over, they will twist your ass up like a pretzle, break your limbs, or choke the life out of you in a second. also tma's are stuck in tradition. take a child, train him in tma's all his life, the way they used to do it, then combine a rough conditioning regimen, and possibly bulk him up to about 200 pounds of muscle like most of these cage fighters are, and i bet you would find a new breed of cagefighter. dont forget, that kickboxing and jiu jitsu DERIVE from the traditional martial arts.
                            Last edited by master splinter; 05-24-2005, 04:03 AM.
                            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

The thing is that when in the ring, given the rules and conditions of the ring, any form of tma will be dissolved into kickboxing and j-j, for the reasons you pointed out. The fights need to end quick. It's not who can kill whom, it's who can dominate under these conditions. So therefore, even a tma practitioner would be reduced to these fighting styles. Therefore, it would be a waste of time and energy to actually go through with training a person under tma and intend him for the UFC.

Lol, There seems to be a lot of resentment in your post, dude, and you make a lot of claims and hasty generalizations that may hold less ground than you give them credit for.

Comment

Working...
                              X