Iwould like to make a shaolin temple in california

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amitoufou,

I have been reading your conversation and can understand both of your points of view. Maybe it would help to have an objective opinion and also a little more information. There is so much to speak about but when you dont have all the details it makes it hard to make a decision that is well rounded. First Joe is 16 years old. He has dreamed of being a monk. Wanting to train in China and learn at the temple. I have had many conversations with him to understand where he is taking his chan path. ALl he has ever thought about from a little boy was being a monk. When he finally understood that he was getting money his brain and mind starting working overtime and he stopped listening to his heart. Now all he could think about was building a temple. In essense xing jian you are right t hat he is not using blood money for himself because he wants to not charge for lessons but really he is because it is his desire to want. (WANT) not the buddhist way...He wants a temple. SO even though it is disfused by his genorosity he is using the money to fullfill desire in his want of a temple. Lilmonk has never been to China. He has not trained Shaolin Gongfu and if he had a team of people lined up for competition he would not know the difference between wushu and gongfu and any other chinese martial art. So when the monks were to come and they will come how would he know the autenticity of the chan? The Gonfgu? The heart and the path of the chan way? Because he wants this so badly Dr is right there will be many that will take advantage including monks that will take advantage of him and his genorosity to better themselves and their futures without regard to his future (lilmonk). That is just plain truth. There are many monks in America and they had been there for a good many years. They said they had desires to build a real (real) shaolin Temple..yet they have not done that. Because when it comes down to it it is the money that stops them. So when a young man like Joe who's intentions are good hearted but yet scatteered with uneducated heart and mind how many monks that would love to use that type of money to raise their fame and their income will come running to the front of the line? Disguised with good intentions and chan buddhism. In time he will build a temple and california may be the right place for it for many reasons but it is this young mans path that must be educated so that he will be able to see truth through the lies and to understand shaolin from wushu.
    amitoufou
    shi xing ruei

Comment

thanks fa hui and you to tiger lily but i do know now after a month of medatating every day that i have to be a lot smarter about my money i wll be getting and i would like to do the right thing and not jump the gun so i am going to go to china first learn more and then when i am ready come back to the USA and cheack out some of the schools in this country like docs school first and then shi yan mings school and so on . Mybe i will go to vegas at the dnd of the summer ill ask my dad he relly would like me to go to china and fallow my goles he is a relly good man
      lil monk

Comment

spelling

medatating, wll, cheack, relly, Mybe, dnd, fallow, goles ??????

Maybe dad could buy you a dictionary first?
        Last edited by Steve; 07-19-2004, 08:14 AM.
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

owch...

Comment

Forget the dictionary man. He's gonna need an accountant. So he'll learn just how much his attorney has screwed him.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

OH, Is that why you have so many accountants?
              I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
              "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
              "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
              "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

amitoufou,

Spelling is not an essential thing. IT may be not easy for you to read and easy to joke about, but the 6th patriarch of Chan Buddhism was illiterate. He could not read and he could not write, Yet the Dharma was passed on to him for it was the knowledge in his heart and his wisdon in his speaking that transmitted what was necessary for learning.

walk the true path

amitoufou
                shi xing Ruei

Comment

That's true. You guys shouldn't make such jokes. Lil Monk could be the next enlightened one on this forum. Nice example Shi Xing Gnat.. astute?

A mi tuo Fo
                  -Xing Jian

Comment

I most certainly have become the "enlightened one" when it comes to the ways of our beloved legal system.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

xing jian...a response from someone that does not know his head from his heart. You speak and spout the ways of Buddhism but I doubt that you could ever even live by what is true. Could You? You words dont hurt my feelings but the energy you put out there with the negative will catch up to you one day. I would not want to stand inyour shoes!
                      amitoufou

Comment

I was taking a guess at what your name means. Gnat is possible, is it not? Astute? Nice try at being better than someone else. Your words don't hurt my feelings either. I would have another chat with your Chan master. Are you supposed to lose all sense of humor? Not all humor is a bad thing. Don't be so boring.

Comment

I read somewhere you said you are from PH. Must be ABC if C at all? Perhaps that's why you don't understand my humor. Or think it's tasteless. Whatever reason, you don't understand tasteful humor. It's ok.

"I doubt that you could ever even live by what is true" - Interesting... my negative energy will catch up with me? For one you don't understand what was being said and call it negative energy. And also you are the one spouting off ignorant statements like this. Though you try to preach in each of your posts. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes either.

Comment

come on now, children..

Comment

arguments between buddhists are truly boring affairs.

Comment

Whatever happen to this Joehaz kid? Did he ever go off to China?
                                "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X