Iwould like to make a shaolin temple in california

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iwould like to make a shaolin temple in california

het whats up everyone i am planing on makeing a shaolin temple in california.
    lil monk

I would like to make a temple for the shaolin temple in california USA for people who would like to train at a branch of the shaolin temple in california.Because out here in cali we dont have any shaolin monks so I am thinking about makeing one I know i have to ask the abbot first and probely pay him something and then get greencard for the monks that want to come to stay at the temple here in cali but i am willing to do all that for shaolin **** Doc did why cant I?
    lil monk

Comment

so if any one has any thing they would like to say or any advice or questions i am all ears LOL
      lil monk

Comment

Oh my..

Not that easy. You have not been reading much of this site, Have you?
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

well no not in the last month I been moveing where should i look and do you have any advice for me man
          lil monk

Comment

lol

Comment

why would you want to become vassal to Yong Xin.
              "Arhat, I am your father..."
              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

arhat what do you mean vassal to Yong Xin.?
                lil monk

Comment

haven't you read the site?

Shaolin is big business sun, and YX is at the head of it in some ways. Everyone with a particular kind of "Shaolin" temple sends money back so they can use the name. Haven't you noticed the law suit thread?

You need to be very careful as to who you align with or you'll just be wasting your inheritance.

I left you a similar post on KF. You have to be careful or you'll wind up testing Steve DeMasco's black belts in your Great Buddha Hall and a bunch of wushu "monks" who can't even explain who Hui Ke is.
                  -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Arhat well could you give me some in fo on what you think i should do i mean I am not going to just wast my money so if you could help me out in anyway i would thank you very much
                    lil monk

Comment

what do I think you should do?

I think you should wait. I think you should gain experience. As it currently stands you don't know much about Shaolin, so don't be foolish about it- you probably have a lot of pre conceived notions. As the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted. There's a lot you need to learn so you may as well start now.

Have you ever visited a temple before?

That would be one place to start. There must be quite a few in Cali.
                      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

and arhat what do you mean some one will be testing blackbelts in the great buddha hall?
                        lil monk

Comment

yes i have visited afew zen and tibetan temples
                          lil monk

Comment

what I mean is that Shaolin is for sale and you might be dissapointed in who is selling it so just be careful, read as much info as you can and try and see between the lines. Don't think that just because something is 'official' it is genuine.

there's nobody who can spell it all out for you and if you need someone to do that you're going to need a lot of luck.
                            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

see what i need to know is about how much it would cost for the land for the constroction of the temple for the monks to come here and live at the temple and how much it would cost to for food and equipment and stuff i am guessing about 2-3millon$$$$ but i want to make sure first that i go to china and meet some of the monks stay and train with the for at least a year and then decaed who i would like to come to the usa with me and I would only take them if they where real traditional kung fu not wushu monks and they would have to relly belive in buddhism and not just want to go into moveis and stuff like that so if you know of any monks that you think I should go and talk to and train under in china that would like to come to the USA I would love to meet them thanks
                              lil monk

Comment

Working...
                              X