No announcement yet.

Iwould like to make a shaolin temple in california

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see arhat i have been told the the abbot of shaolin is not a good man from some people and some people say he is can some one clear this up for me
    lil monk

Comment

wether the abbot is good or bad depends. to those loyal to him, he is obviously good. but for others, he's not that great.

do you speak Chinese?
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

well arhat i read up to page 3 on abotccey and now i know what you mean but know i dont know what to do i still want to make a shaolin temple but if I do i do not want to have any thing to do whith the new punk ass abbot I would reather have real monks there that under stand chan buddhism and know how to kick and shaolin kung fu not wushu soif you know of any monks i would be able to get that where not desciples of the new abbot i would thank you veary much

and no i do not know chinese but i am trying to learn little words and would like to learn how to speak it
        lil monk

Comment

hey doc what do you think about me make a shaolin temple in the USA?
          lil monk

Comment

I think you had better talk with the abbot first. He usually likes to see green qi come from these ventures.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

so he would like cash how much do you think and doc did you have to pay for your school in vegas .
              lil monk

Comment

I don't pay. I don't play those games.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I think doc has his own little 'shaolin temple' going on there by the sounds of things. Hopefully someday I can come learn a couple of things.

Hey Doc, have you shown any of the monks Bak Siu Lam? (not that you know it but i'm sure you could introduce them to the idea...or something.. i don't know what i'm saying)

Comment

I think it would be cool to have a martial arts training center someday, but not a shaolin temple though.
                    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

What's Bak Siu Lam?

Sounds like an STD that you get by sitting too long on "used" couches at church.

russbo.com

Comment

Bei Shaolin *shrug*

I can see where you get the STD thing though.

Comment

So, when is DeMasco gonna initiate his corporate merger with L. Ron Hubbard? Cause I want to visit an officially authorized First United Shaolin Kempo Temple of Scientology. But only when David Blaine is giving the sermons.

In all seriousness Joe, if you want to open a temple, find yourself a good cave in the woods, stock up on food and beer, and live as a hermit facing the wall for nine years. When you come back, find a close family member with a Masters degree in Business Administration (close relatives are less likely to screw you than strangers when you go into business with them) hire him, and then go look for sites to build at.
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Before you build the temple, you need to arrange for a senior monk from another temple to be your abbot. This monk should be brought into the process before construction begins, and probably before you purchase the land. He/she should be involved in all stages of the construction of the temple so that it can be assured that the place is truly a holy site.

THE LAST thing you need to worry about, is getting the official shaolin stamp on your temple. Its best if you're not officially recognized by Yongxin but still have you're own abbot and several resident monks who have spent time in henan.

But I'm dead serious about that facing the wall part. Face the wall for nine years before you buy the land. Then you will know what must be done, and who you need to help you do it. The most important people to procure are your abbot and the relative with the MBA, but it also helps if you have a lawyer in your family.
                            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Hell, you might as well build a standard buddhist temple and invite shaolin monks to teach some traditional gongfu to the buddhist.. If you want a shaolin temple why not just start the way they started...except it wouldn't be a 'shaolin' temple since it isn't quite a 'young forest' and all...maybe "under the mountain temple" or such

Comment

you know, opening a real buddhist temple might not be a bad idea...

if someone actually opened a martial arts school in an actual buddhist temple, it would be more like shaolin actually is today.

to be honest, though, it does kinda sound like you are blindly jumping into it...the questions you ask are some indication to that. not to insult you or anything, but you gotta watch out woith yourself- are you doing this for YOU or for others?

Comment

Working...
                                X