Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOLLAPALOOZA CANCELLED

from LOLLAPALOOZA.COM:

Los Angeles, CA - June 22, 2004 -- Even with what has been touted as the best line-up since its inception in 1991, with such eclectic and respected artists as Morrissey, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, and The Flaming Lips, among others, and the most competitive ticket prices in the marketplace for a tour this size, it was not enough to counter the weak economic state of this years summer touring season. Therefore, it is with the utmost regret that due to poor ticket sales across the board, the Lollapalooza, 2004 tour has been cancelled. This morning, tour organizers and concert promoters faced with several million dollars of losses, made the very tough decision to pull the tour.
    this leaves me in great concern for the future of rock and roll. any inspiration you could offer in this dark time would be greatly appreciated. for the rest, i think i shall turn to my old friend J.D.

not the only one

Lots of concert tours have canceled this summer. Britney Spears messed up her knee, Christina Auguiera blew out her vocal cords, Madonna canceled a few dates cause she had the flu. Ticket sales are down everywhere, high costs of going to a concert is ruining the whole industry. Even in Vegas, no summer radio festivals this year, they can't get enough bands that want to play. But there has been problems in the Lolllapalooza Camp since it started, Perry Farrell just needs to keep singing and not try to run a tour. (from personal experience here).
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

i agree. jane's addiction wasn't even on the line-up for this lollapalooza. the closest we came was "Peretz", that is, perry farrell trying to be a turntablist. my rather strong hunch is that was going to suck anyway.

but anyway, tours this summer have come across a bit of a bad luck streak, but i wouldn't say it's going to **** yet. concert industry types panic at the beginning of just about every summer and say something like "it's going to be the worst yet", and then it ends up being one of the best yet. then, they have giant expectations for the next summer, but it eventually looks like it's not going to quite meet those expectations, and the whole cycle repeats itself. that said, while i'm sure the industry will be fine this summer, i seriously doubt it will be one of those record-setting ones.

i say, let all the madonnas, christinas and britneys break as many bones as they like, but for the love of god, save lollapalooza! especially this year!! oh well..

Comment

Don't speak ill of Christina...

Speaking of Vegas concerts, Steve, is there anything I should see while in Vegas this weekend?
        Last edited by shaolinstylee; 06-23-2004, 09:26 PM.
        practice wu de

Comment

Counting Crows

Counting Crows at Mandalay Bay Beach...

Not the best concerts this weekend ...

311 is tonight at The Orleans....

Celine Dion? Joan Rivers is at the Stardust.

There is always Cirque Du Soleil shows (O and Mystere), Blue Man Group is cool too.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Cool....

hey, I don't see you on hubz
            practice wu de

Comment

Working...
            X