wang xiangzhai BT article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wang xiangzhai BT article

this is an article by yi quan master wang xiangzhai, i found it of particular interest since ive been studying a bit about this art recently, has anyone else read this yet? any oppinions?

i think its interesting to note the scientific approach mr xiangzhai took towards his MA, its refreshing to know someone so old school was more 'modern' in their approach..

amitabha
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Interesting long read. I was thinking what my teacher seems to be talking about is divided into three categories when he means energy. Potential, Kinetic, and motivition.

I played the flute for seven years, I think that helped me develop my ki's. Like where he talks about the soul of a fighter.

I was wondering is it possible to do that flying stuff like in Hidden Dragon, Crouching Tigers. I know it might be possible to run up walls, or jump up things.
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

I have been looking into this art for awhile myself.

I have been practicing martial arts for 10 yrs now, most of which has been Chinese Martial Arts. A few years ago before I went to the monastery I switched over from "external" martial arts to the more "internal" styles, mostly Yang Style Taijiquan. I've enjoyed it very much, and it has taught me alot about being relaxed in a conflict and being more sensitive. But lately I've come to realize it's just not as effective as it once was because many have not learned the real martial aspect of the art. Which is a real shame.

Lately I have been slowly focused on maintaining the principles and slowly discarding the form, even though I have not done without the proper body mechanics. I have focused on developing my Zhanzhuang and basic Chansijin exercises with some footwork, as well as push hands, sparring and work on the punching bag.

There is quite difference particularly after making Zhanzhuang coupled with neigong practice that have greatly improved my all around ability to defend myself.

I have slowly begun to read up on this art called Yiquan, and notice that we can do a lot with the internal martial arts to make them more effective then they are made out to be in this day and age.
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

maestro, your link didn't work for me.

AGK, it's possible to run up walls (and is damn fun btw) for about three or so steps, but i've found that it's very hard to do on most surfaces, and you're not gonna be doing anything like what we saw in CTHD. i also can't imagine it being very useful in a martial situation, but hey, you never know.

Comment

zach- the link didnt work because the BT revamped his website, go to www.blacktaoist.com or type it into a search engine, if you cant find the article there, try "palms of infinity" link, in his links section

btw, the art of lightness is no joke, its real, you can jump really high and all that..infact, theres a short article about the art of lightness at palms of infinity, first hand exp by a top notch bagua sifu

the art of lightness no use for fighting? well, in the past if you could jump over someones head 20+ feet in the air, along with being extremely agile and fast, youd have a huge advantage..i mean, just imagine jumping 10 feet above someones head and thrusting a spear down on em

nice to know peeps like the article, i have another link on my website with an interview by henry look when he talks about training under WXZ's top disciples, and how much he learned from him

cheers

Comment

i'm sure that would be quite an advantage were it possible.

Comment

For the record there is no one who could jump 20 feet in the air. Frankly I'm suprised you guys would buy into that. lolo Crouching tiger hidden dragon? Are you for real?

Comment

well mortal, you did see them do it in the movie, didn't you?

Comment

Oh yeah! What was I thinking. I just flew into the office. My arms are killing me.

Comment

20 feet, 10, 15 who cares, the fact of the matter is "for the record" mortal doesnt know what hes talking about, and neither do i, the difference is mortal believes hes right when infact there is no way of knowing what the truth is

the truth is, there are loads of movies that have the art of lightness all over the place in hk cinema other then crouching tiger, crouching tiger peeps are the ones who dont really know anything beyond crouching tiger when it comes to hk movies, thats why they always use CT

when it comes to this particular art im open minded because its not that unbelieveable, if i trained for some odd years just jumping im sure i could make positive results, even better would be a 5'5 asian with complete faith and a strong will, but anyway, none of it matters

cheers

Comment

Maestro

If you really believe that could be possible I find it hard to respect your position.

Don't you think the guy would be a famous athlete or olympic star by now? Breaking all known high jump records.

No one can jump that high. Period. lolol I can't believe your serious about even considering it.

You guys will argue with me about anything.

Comment

I would have to say that it's not impossible but very rare. And no I don't think they would necessarily be famous if they could do it. That has a lot to do with what you want to do with it.

Shaolin monks can jump pretty high and the training methods are still around to learn Light-body Skill. In fact the Chinese name for it is Qing Gong. The thing is is that it takes a long time to learn. You need to have the time of day to do it. If I did, I'd probably practice, but I don't have time, and the time I do get I'd rather train the more essential combative techniques.

Light-body Skill in the movies is extremely exaggerated. But that's okay, they're just movies. They are for our entertainment. However, the things in stories, myths and legends are often exaggerations of real things that have or do occur.

The issue here, really is not whether Light-body Skill actually exists or not but it's about keeping an open mind. Taking things with a grain of salt yet not saying that is or isn't without verifiable truth, it's a good mind to have, particularly with regards to martial arts.

Of course you want to use your common sense and good judgement but don't be caught up in them. Our perceptions of reality are usually, most likely wrong. Just the way it goes.

Peace.
                        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

I'm sorry you could think for a second that exists. The monks don't jump 10 feet high never mind twenty.

I guess there is nothing I could say that would open your eyes to the truth.

"Of course you want to use your common sense and good judgement but don't be caught up in them. Our perceptions of reality are usually, most likely wrong. Just the way it goes."

What? Then Unicorns exist because I haven't seen one? No logic behind what you saying.

Comment

mortal go to http://www.palmofinfinity.tk/ read the light skills article, you dont believe this guy? then go meet him, he lives and teaches in NYC, so go test his skills

hes a respected sifu, my sifu knows him, why should he lie? because you cant concieve of it being possible beyond your limited exp it must be false?

anyhow, light skills arent that crazy, i dont think its so insane to think people can jump real high, to me thinking people can fight with wing chun is more improbable

lololol just jk!!

Comment

I read the article. It didn't say anything about him jumping straight up 30 feet. It said he jumped out of a second story window. Big difference. He said from where he was standing it looked higher.

The techs on that website were not very good or realistic. In one he blocks the pole with his arm. In another he ducks under a pole and does the dragonfly kick to the guys face but he lowers his face to the guys foot level. where he could have easily received a kick in the face of his own. This is not how that is applied. There couldn't be any power in that kick, nor is it real kung fu.
                              I can't imagine why he is so respected. Not dissing on him just telling the truth

There is nobody who is jumping twelve feet out of a pit.

I can apply my wing chun on anyone pretty easily. Aslo the 6 years of devoted shaolin training didn't hurt my "limited experiance". If your ever in New york come see me I'll show you real kungfu. That's not a challenge. It is an invitation to really depeen your very limited knowledge. Don't watch to many movies they are getting to your head.

Movies and real life are very different. Jumping twelve feet- movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X