No announcement yet.

wang xiangzhai BT article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's pretty simple really. good jumpers can jump incredibly high, but the best ones who have proved their abilities in controlled conditions (high jumpers in the olympics) cannot even approach 10 feet. that doesn't mean it's impossible - although it is obviously extremely improbable according to what we know about the human body and physics - but it certainly means that it's irrational to believe that someone could do it without damn good evidence. that is, they need to prove it in controlled conditions. if they don't come forward and do that, and instead, repeat stories and anecdotes to each other about how they've done it or how they've seen someone else do something like it, there's simply no reason an intelligent person should believe them. anecdotes (especially someone else's) are about the worst way to try to prove something. if you want i can give you tons of links on the fallibility of anectodal evidence, especially when it comes to the miraculous (and this would count).

Comment

He is not talking about a high jump kind of jump. He means no running start stand still jump twelve feet out of a pit. Impossible. I still can't beleive nobody else is jumping all over this one no pun intended.

What about the kung fu techs on the site? Do any of you experts really think that would be effective?

Comment

i know. i didn't think i needed to clarify that to make my point.

nobody else is "jumping all over this" because that's the world of kung fu for you. if you can heal someone by waving your hands over them, why can't you jump 15 feet in the air or knock them out with your qi energy?

this kind of imaginative thinking is what turns gongfu off as an MA for a lot of skeptics, which is a shame, because it has a lot to offer without needing to resort to magic tricks.

Comment

Maestro, I'd recomend an artlicle in the latest Kung fu tai chi magazine that talks about a different aproach to internal.... I enjoyed it a lot. I can't remember any of the specifics right now, but I'll grab the mag before I come online again and give you the synopsis.
          practice wu de

Comment

are you serious mortal? you think you know more about bagua apps then B C Hill bey aka Maoshan? you read the article, who cares what you think about light body, im just writeing that stuff for interested readers, in the end your doubting this guys skills? you gotta be kidding me, id put money 10 to 1 hed whipe the floor with you and sifu grados, and thats not any kind of brag, the man is just ridiculuously dedicated..dont believe me? go visit him, test his students fighting skill

course youll never do all that, im sure nyc is a big place lolo
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

i just read the posts again, mortal are you serious? whats so hard to believe about blocking a staff? i used to have an article of an old Hung ga practitioner in hk or something who got in a fight and he broke attackers staffs on his arms, and thats nothing new to me, i read on another forum my sifu once had a partner in our 3 star sam sing break his arm on my sifus..thats just basic conditioning we do, being able to block staffs is talked about in some of lam sai wings work i think..

anyway, i love internal articles and ma articles ingeneral, im always looking for better ones to put on my site or to just read, so ya shaolins post that

mortal your funny heheheh

Comment

why not train to block a staff, you're not gonna be fighting anyone with a staff in a real situation anyway.

Comment

i have to post again, i cant stop

mortal, again here i go, are you serious about challenging maoshans knowledge? his teacher was kenny gong among others! do you know who kenny gong is? how about chen man ching? ever here of him? kenny learned and taught for him in his kwoon! who are you to doubt techniques on a site?

ironically i also doubted some techniques this guy posted on his old website, and i said so on his forum!! well i got some flak for that let me tell you! anyway, your just a hater if you think you know more then this guy, because your levels below him brewske

cheers

Comment

I said judging by the apps on his site that they are not practical. I never said him and his teacher sucked.

As far as wiping the floor. You never met me, sifu grados or the guy with the apps. So how do you know who would beat who? I never even talked about who could beat who. Those were your words.

I just thought of something. Are you 15? Then this whole discussion would make sense. If you are forget everything I said. Also i'll know never to take you seriously again.

My offer before was on a friendly note. It still stands if your over 18.

Why don't you go to Grados and challenge him? loloo

How long have you been training? It doesn't sound like very long.

Comment

Even a fifteen year old can have a valid opinion and valuable insights, so what does it matter what age someone is?
                      And, no I'm not saying this because I'm fifteen, or even close.

Comment

15 year olds who have valid opinions have them because they are not acting like 15 year olds.

that said mortal, if he is actually 15, and you're saying, "then i'll never take you seriously again", that's just provoking a 15 year old.

Comment

I am not saying he is not entitled to his opinion. What I am saying is I would be wasting my time trying to change his young fragile mind.

Bottom line is if you guys think a good fighting app is blocking a swinging staff with your arm. Then what else can i say but, duh?

Oh and don't forget the 30 jumps. Yet I come out wrong some how.

Comment

"Colby Crews - Florida, USA age 27
                            now jumping at least 1.5 meters with
                            6 kilos (over 13 pounds total)
                            sand on wrists and ankles.
                            This is one way to train lightening body
                            kung, and after six months it works well "

Taken from the Northern China Shaolin
                            Si ping City Shao Lin Martial Arts Academy web page,
                            but looks like he jumps off the ledge in back of him, so...

Anyway, tried to upload the pic but guess it's too big..
                            Attached Files
                            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

oh, what do you know...? Gosh darn it... it worked.

disciple 476#
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Yet, it does kind of look like foot marks under him. Basically if he did that from a standing position, got to say it's pretty impressive.
                                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X