Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characters

Hey! I received a gift for my birthday. It's a buddhist bracelet apparently. There is three chinese characters on it. Well, i cant be sure because I don't know these characters yet. I tried to recreate it with mspaint because I dont have the chinese writting on my computer. It's not very clear on the bracelet so maybe theres missing some line. If someone knows this characters could you please tell me what is the meaning and the pinyin?

The three characters:
    Attached Files
    =========
    Peace out!

Free web version of Chinese Characters published by Yale University Press.
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

1) Lu4 = good fortune
      2) Shou4 = long life
      3) Fu2 = luck

Most times Buddhist beads don't have characters on them. Especially not those characters. It sounds more like a Chinese good luck charm bracelet than a Buddhist one.

Comment

Ok thanks, i found all the characters three seconds before you posted on the site Fa Hui gave me. It's not really easy to find on this site without the english meaning. So yeah i think you're right its more a chinese good luck charm bracelet but it was written "buddhist bracelet" ... Anyway.. Thanks
        =========
        Peace out!

Comment

Nice site

Good website .. Thanks Fa Hui.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

No prob. I found the site yrs ago, it's a really good site but it does take some time to figure it out. There are some fun games on there as well.
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
            X