Nice website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice website

Was on the Kungfumagazine.com forums a while back and I found this website was being talked about. It's pretty cool. Has some nice clips of Shaolin skills in action, both for Defense (Iron Shirt), and Offense (up-close inch punch, lateral palm strike, short-range explosive power), pretty cool stuff. It's from a documentary called "Qi Gong, are You Serious?". I'm trying to look for it somewhere on the 'net. Maybe I could find the whole thing, hard to find though. Anyway, check it out...

a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

How about that healing stuff? Making people hop around like monkeys and other animals. I've never seen that before. I don't know what would make them do frog jumps and rolls and stuff. That's silly.

Comment

I myself, am a little skeptical of the non-touch healing movements they showed. But it is interesting nonetheless.
      Perhaps it does work on many people, just not 100% of them. Or perhaps it works all the time, not sure. Did you see the martial clips though? The "offensive means" and the "defensive means" video clips? That guy seems like a good master. He has experience in several gongfu systems it seems, in addition to Northern Shaolin.
      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

Yeah, I watched all of that. It was good. One inch punch without turning his body or bending his arm. The Iron Body was good too. But a lot of people do that. It's not uncommon. Until you get to the throat one. Those people were hitting as hard as they could and he took it like nothing. I just didn't like that stand 10 feet from the person and hold your hand up and that makes them to a front roll and frog jumps. One guy actually rolled over. I doubt that's gonna happen. I've never seen a Shao Lin monk do that one. If you could do that then you have no need for Gong Fu.. besides meditation? But before a fight you could just raise your hand and make them move around like animals. Then you either walk away or kick their asses while they are moving around.

Comment

Working...
        X