how shaolin monks jump so high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Shoes

You could jump higher by making Spring Shoes like this guy......
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

That was a very very very gooood one Steve!!!!!!!!!.

: ))
      Hector Villarruel
      Guadalajara, Jalisco
      Mexico

Comment

Looks like from bed springs. Which reminds me of being a child living in the country. We burned out matress and then rode bikes over the springs that were left.....

Yes those springs do work for getting more air. But watch out the barn wall and the metal bar between your legs!

Comment

They are bed springs...
          here is the site it came from..

... and he sold the one and only pair he made on Ebay for $56.70
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

As soon as I looked at the thread I thought of 2 things: Plyometrics and Fast/Slow twitch muscle fibers. Since both were covered, I have little to add.
            However, I would say that paying attention to your calf muscles is wise when you start training to jump higher. Calf raises, and the like, will give you that little extra boost, and also some stabilization when you land.
            Having spent a couple years in school High/Long Jumping, I realize the importance of a mechanically correct jump as well as porportionate training for the whole leg, not just hams/quads.

Comment

Horse stance for a few min a day can do wonders.
              Attached Files
              Do or do not there is no try.

Comment

Hahahahhaha, wtf?
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Ma bu will help, and maybe teach you some discipline, but there are more efficient ways to get there as well.... which, well, take a good deal of discipline on there own.
                  practice wu de

Comment

Well, not to put a damper on this, but, alot of what you see also has to do with camera angles.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

He's right ya know. I was at Tagou shaolin academy last yr ( as most of you know) and was standing next to some boys pulling some really impressive height. I thought I was impressed then I went back to my hotel and realised that the students at shaolin gongfu guan I attended for a seminars and jazz before I left / returned whatever , had as good they did out there. Oh and their sanda sucked respectfully aswell

BL

Comment

Okay. So what you're saying is; people who jump high don't necessarily fight well. Am I correct?
                        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

LYF, jumping is jumping, fighting is fighting. to train for jumping, you have to jump. jump until you are exausted, then jump some more. truthfully, your training is preparing you for jumping but if you want specialized skills, say to be able to jump over an 8ft gate, you are going to have to work on a 2 to 5 year jumping plan. people have given you great exercises to practice, have fun them. but listen, don't just collect a bunch of techniques. most kungfu exercises, take a minimum of two years before definitive results are noticed. there are no quick fixes. have fun jumping.

peace.

onefocus

Comment

i was talking to my shifu Shi Xing Hong, about that last time he came for a seminar, and he told me that he'ld be ding it for aver 10 yrs, and all that he did was have a trench and jump in and out all day long, with weights, and right now his trench is over 8ft high, and he can easily jump in and out

Comment

well ever since the last time i posted the height in my jumps have increased through plyometrics like depth jumps ,frog jumps ect. everyone has helped alot this time i need help on another thing. i got every kick down pretty good. my jumpkicks and reverse tornado have gotten pretty good since i started doing my jump routine except one kick.TORNADO KICK! i just cant figure it out, im tryin to tuck in my leg on the tornado it but i find it pretty hard. today when i go to my academy im goin to try out a couple theories i get from watchin clips of people doing them.i can get my tornado kicks high but i just cant tuck in my leg anyone got any tips.

Derek

Comment

http://www.wushucentral.com/videos/m...-changquan.mpg if you go to the link thats a nice tornado kick. and jumping to me is for my forms fighting is a completely diffrent topic to talk about. getting youre forms to look good and applying them is something totally diffrent. this is just some of the northern forms and wushu in my system im workin on. besides that hung gar is the solid foundatation of my fighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X