women in Shaolin Gung Fu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• women in Shaolin Gung Fu

Are there women that train in Shaolin Gung fu or is this mainly a just for us good old boys. I don't see many women studying it. Am I wrong?
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Women study in it, sure. There are even female masters that own their own schools in USA and other countries. And many inside China.

Comment

Wing Chun, Wu Mei and White Crane were created by women.

Wang Jurong, the daughter of the famous Wang Ziping is a well known master in the US, though she seems to be focusing more on teaching Wushu at this time from what I can tell.

Sun Lutang's daughter is a well known master of her father's styles. She's in her 90s and still actively teaching AFAIK.

The daughters of Lau Fat Man, the famous Eagle Claw master, continue to teach their father's style.

So I guess the answer to your question is yes. Though obviously not as many women practice Shaolin as a martial art as men do. You generally see women in Wushu forms competitions more than anywhere else.

Comment

There are quite a few girls and young women in the local wushu schools here in Dengfeng.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Yeah, there are a couple girls at my martial art school (in beautifull Quebec, Canada btw), it is just awkward training with them somtimes because you constantly feel like if you must take extra precaution to restrain urself when training with them...they are so breakable

Comment

Originally posted by MenteReligieuse
            Yeah, there are a couple girls at my martial art school (in beautifull Quebec, Canada btw), it is just awkward training with them somtimes because you constantly feel like if you must take extra precaution to restrain urself when training with them...they are so breakable

Don't be so sure on that one, you will be in for a surprise.

uwe

Comment

Well, most of the girls I train with don't like to be thrown around.
              http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

oh trust me, they do, just maybe not during training.

Comment

IN shaolin wome train there ,

Comment

We women are out there training, and who said anything about being breakable?

Comment

Man, all I have to say, is that growing up in a highly competitive judo club, I trained with a lot of girls who like being thrown around, and they would toss you on your ass if you're not careful. And they love pinning you to the mat too...... even outside of class.
                      Last edited by daodejing; 09-03-2004, 07:26 PM.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

these "girls in MA" threads are the same nonsense every d@mn time.

Comment

No joke. Agreenknight, haven't you ever trained with any women? Are there none in your school at all?

Comment

Working...
                          X