Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confucius

looking for a good copy of the book of songs

a reccomended version of the analects of confucius(even though ive got a good selection...)

and any other works/classics concerning confucius and his school of thought

any hybrid taosist or buddhist work is acceptable and appreciated if anyone can help me out..im always looking to know more!

peace
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

There's a copy of the Confucian analects on the site, along with some other ancient Chinese philosophy texts.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

confucian studies will only lead you away from the truth. start meditating more
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

lol

what is it with connecticut and know it alls?

lol
        Attached Files

Comment

Know it alls?

I'm not young enough to know everything.

Comment

actually factually..

actually..dao i wasnt just talking about you i was making fun of myself aswell..

but what i was making fun of was your comments on this forum

they are a little..one sided if you get what i mean

and the mere fact that you brush aside confucius's teachings and that of his school as "leading me further from the truth" is basically one of the most ignorant and arrogant(hence the know-it-all joke) thing you could probably say..espcially you being a student of eastern religion/philosophy

i mean confucius and confucianism(his school of thought) are considered some of the most wisest in all history not only be eastern society but by the west aswell

his teachings are reveared by taoists and buddhists aswell as other religious sects and yet you seem to be above all that because you meditate..

maybe im devling into this much and maybe im not..or maybe youll just come back at me with something about you didnt mean this or that..the result wont matter

what does matter is that i asked for oppinions on good copies of the book of songs and the analects and you told me confucius was a waste of time

it wasnt what i was asking for..it is obvious to anyone who knos anything about the subject you are just wrong( i mean i could go on forever how confucianism has effected not only chinese culture but chan/buddhism and taoism aswell) and its really just not a very contributive thought to this forum

maybe your making the point that book learning is overrated and direct experience is what i should be seeking, but who are you to say anything about that sort of thing anyway? your 21 year old pup you dont really know anything and you obviously dont claim to so why are you giving advice on spiritual cultivation when you probably dont have the slightest idea of what your talking about? i mean how could you? you assuming what you cant assume and your statement is degenerative to anyone who comes across this discussion

i think the ranting session is over..but if you read this dao i strongly suggest you change(or atleast evaluate) the way you post here, you seem like you could contribute something here so dont waste the opportunity..

peace

Comment

My sincerest apologies, I did provide a very poor answer to your question. I merely said what was on my mind at the time of reading your post, and since doc had already offered the answer you seemed to be looking for, I thought it would be nice to give you one of the many answers you weren't looking for.

To be honest we(including myself) should all be meditating more....

When is the last time you hugged a tree? I've learned more by climbing a fur tree on a windy day and laying against the trunk while exhaling my fresh carbon dioxide directly onto the tree and inhaling its fresh oxygen in return, learned more by experiencing the feeling of being buffeted around in the gale while rooted to something greater than myself than I have ever learned from any book. Wow. That was a runon sentence if i've ever seen one.

I highly reccomend that you go hug a tree. While meditating. Ok thats enough for now.

Comment

Confucius say, one day there will be a place called Connecticut. If you live there, you will want to get the hell out of the state.
                Confucius say, this will be a logical desire.

Comment

missing the point..

connecticut is the seventh ring of hell

Comment

Seventh? I was told it was the fifth ring of hell. I'll have to beat my informant again this morning. Honestly I don't know what he was thinking.....

Comment

Working...
                    X