Doom 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3

All of us at Russbo.com are huge video game freaks.. The other day Doom 3 came out and Doc is in Asia somewhere dying that he can not play it yet. I got the game yesterday and have played till I fingers cramped up.... Here is something I found. Hey Doc, try to find this locker. Goto MARTIANBUDDY.COM for clues to this...
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

I have to wait two weeks for the game to show up, my brother sent it regular mail. We don't have it "on the streets" here.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Doom3

And you will get this....
      Attached Files
      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

That's all you get?
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Hmm, Doom...

Time to go out and get it, but then I'm afraid I'm gonna want to upgrade my hardware.

Comment

Doom3

You get this Chain Machine Gun.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Spider Things.....

I hate these Skull Spider Things.....
              Attached Files

Comment

How sick is this?

These are crazy too.....
                I died right after I saw this...
                Attached Files

Comment

The lighting is incredible. Unbelievable game engine.

You're killing me. Just hurtin me bad. I just might have to fly to Singapore to try to find this damn game...

russbo.com

Comment

Chainsaw!

YEAH! CHAINSAWS!
                    Attached Files

Comment

More Chainsaws!!

2 Chainsaws on the floor and 1 in my hand.. This room was fun...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Chainsaws.

You're hurtin me man.

Gotta get that flight to Singapore. Gotta get that flight to Singapore...

russbo.com

Comment

just might be the most beautiful game i've seen.

i'll have to wait for it on xbox though...

Comment

Hardware!

i have an AMD Athlon XP 1900+ (~1600 mHz) with 1024 mb DDR ram and a geforce 4 Ti 4200.... it's very old, but should be able to run this game.. I can hardly play it in 640x480 resolution with minimum settings!!! The game must be quite a killer if you have a faster system.

Alas!

Doc, is it Tribes 1 or 2 you're playing?? would be fun to play with you some day.

Comment

Asger,
                              That video card is 128 MB? right? You should have no problems running Doom3 on your computer. Do you have Window XP? Are your video drivers up to date? (latest version from Nvidia.com is 61.77 released on July 27, 2004)
                              Direct X 9.0b is the latest version, that up to date too? With all drivers updated and no other major programs running in the background, the game should play very well. You have a good CPU and a gig of memory, that's better than the mimium requirments on the box. (They say at least, Pent 4 1.5 gig or Athon xp 1500+ with 384 mb of RAM ) So yours is better. Might not be the fastest hardware available, but that is pretty good setup. I think you can play the game at 800 x 600, if not more, at normal settings and have very good results.
                              Tell me how you do or what you think.

And it plays damn good on a faster system, but I need a new mouse. I think I broke mine playing the game, might have happend when the monster on the end of Alpha Labs 4 jumped out.
                              Last edited by Steve; 08-09-2004, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X