Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humiliated by shoe dealers!!

I have a big foot, so what?

I've been trying for 1 month to find a decent martial arts shoe in my area. I tried around 20 different stores. They had very good shoes for kung fu, but unfortunately none above size 46 !!!

I use size 48 (US size 13).

I like the Fei Yun, but I would like something with just a little thicker sole, and more thoroughly build.
    Most Nikes are too big and clumsy and the sole too rough for kicking your hands.

Please please, does anybody know an online shop where I might possibly have a chance of perhaps, with any luck, be able to find shoes in this size??

I now use a 47 in a FeiYue, used to use a 46, but found my little tootsies getting caloused on the tips, shoes were a touch too small. I don't think they make a 48. 47's are hard to find as it is. I have no other suggestions, other than bare feet.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Try martialartsmart.com I think they only go up to size 47 though. I'm a size 13 in US shoes, and I can still fit comfortably into size 47 feiyue's.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

i get there end of year clearence deals. might still be hard to find your size though.
        life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

"did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

You know what they say about guys with big feet....

Comment

Yes.

We wear big shoes.

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Well, the shoes i need is for outdoor use. I use the pro-specs for indoor use.

I'd say you always need 3 pairs of shoes for kung fu.

Indoor: very light sole. small and discreet shoe.

Outdoor: A little more solid than Fei Yue, yet not too big and clumsy. can handle mud, sticks and other stuff from the forest floor.

Running: A very flexible shoe with a thick sole which is shock-absorbing so it feels like running on a thick rubber floor.

Comment

As far as your outdoor shoe goes, I'd reccomend either you learn to train in boots, or else get a good pair of skateboarding sneakers.

In my experience, decent quality skate shoes are the most durable sneakers on the US market. The good ones are made to be thrashed about, torn at, pounded into cement, and still come out with good traction and even balance.

That being said, go with DC's, etnies, or **** I can't remember the name of that other company. Ask a skater what the best/toughest shoes are these days.
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I use adidas brand indoor soccer shoes now.

Comment

I second Almost a Ghost. Even though it was really a factual statement. I use indoor soccer shoes (only they're Puma) for WT practice. I've been thinking of getting those kung fu /wt slippers but I figure if I get in a real fight and need to defend myself, shoes will be what I am wearing. Probably heavier, even, than the indoor shoes. I won't have time to get barefoot, and I want to have trained with shoes so I can fight optimaly in shoes.

That's just from that sort of point of view.

I guess the slippers would be more comfortable in some ways to move around with, for instance in forms with lots of footword, stances and sliding.

Comment

I wear a size US 15 sometimes 16. Try the Otomix line of shoes. The "slider" is on sale right now.

Otomix

Comment

you do sound like a POWERHOUSE.

Comment

Why are these called Black Belt Sandals? You get to wear stuff like this once you reach Black Belt? It must be something to do with humility...

Comment

lol xing...
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X