No announcement yet.

Lost Sparring techniques.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to start looking for an indoor place.
    We just moved our class into a rec center for the winter.. pretty cheap, ~$50 a class 2 classes a week. But we have about 10 students right now, so it isn't too bad at ~$5/person.
    practice wu de

Comment

50 dollars a class?!.....

Hope thats a typo cause thats a hell'ova lot of money.

Comment

For the space!?

Our old place was ~$800/month to rent the room for three classes a week, this is ~$400/month. When we had a full fledged school it was almost $2/square ft./month...

do the math
        practice wu de

Comment

O Ic ....

pretty cheap, ~$50 a class 2 classes a week

So people pay 50 dollars a week? Or your rent is 50 a week?

50 dollars a week seems alot on some peoples wallets if so..

Comment

$50/class... every time we use the space it is $50. So it is $100/week or about $400/month (sometimes $450, depending on the month as a month is 28~31 days, not just 28 days).

so if we have 10 people in class, it breaks down to $5/person, which is sort of taken care of by what we give shirfu.
            practice wu de

Comment

Ok gotcha

Comment

No prob....lol

We should try to get back ot though.. lol...

So, I was doing a form that I haven't done in a while the other night. I was showing a new student a tech from this form, which I always show as a back fist.. turns out to be a really nice qi na move as well.... I love when stuff like that happens.
                practice wu de

Comment

I can kind of relate- when i first started studying with Marcus, they were renting out this place from this asshole landlord, and he seriously just ripped them a new one with the money- how'd i know? the jerk would show up during class to bug him about it. So classes were kind of pricy- for me, it was worth the high-quality instruction with a good teacher. Just a matter of situation and what you're willing to invest.

On the other hand, i've payed tuition that might have seemed like a "god deal" on the surface but became worthless due to quality/authenticity reasons.

I got to say, though, its the best when you have nice days and can go outside to a park- nothing beats that.

Comment

I like the park (as we usually practice on a stone patio) except when I do too much jumping on that, I try to move over to the grass, but there isn't too much flat space, which is sometimes good in return because the the world isn't quite flat now is it.

Indoors is pretty much a must in winter here though.
                    practice wu de

Comment

It feels wierd stepping outside for the first in several cold wet months of winter.

cant really describe it.....Anyways

Also been wondering and searching everywhere for an answer for the question...

What does the sound "WI" or "Wee" (how ever you spell it)...mean at the end of a form?

Been wondering about that for a long...long...long time..

Comment

Working...
                      X