Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: swords

also, the first "samurai" swords were straight bladed chinese style swords that came in through the korean peninsula.

there is a very interesting forum called the sword forum, that has tons of info too...

Yes it is interesting.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

What you said about swords being a restricted weapon in those times. They still are aren't they? I mean one doesn't go around with one generally.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Well, in Japan they are restricted- no swords produced during WWII for the armed forces are legal.

Don't take that as gospel though, it has been awhile since I had to tap into that part of my head, lol...

But I think swords in Japan are classified in two catagories.

Google should be able to turn up the laws.

in the old days the only sword a commoner could carry were the short swords or some long knives. if the swords were a set, they were a symbol of your social class and reserved for samurai. there are a lot more short swords out there because of this.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Well, I ment in the us. They are kind of restricted here too. I mean if someone say you walking the street with one. However if they say you walking the street with a cane, well, not really to concerned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123