No announcement yet.

What attracts you to shaolin???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can give you the power to fly. here, if you read this word: "QUEXAMACOTLYOOP", and repeat it to yourself three times, you should then have the ability to fly.

not working? well ****, that's your fault, not mine.

Comment

"after all, as mortal has pointed out in previous threads, he disagrees with just about everything i say."

I already agreed with you once about us not agreeing.

Comment

Zachsan, that was a stupid arguement. Flying by a human isn't possible without technology. Are you saying self defense isn't possible without a gun?

Comment

were that an argument, it would definitely be a stupid one. but it wasn't much of an argument, as i am much more long-winded when i decide to argue. i think you could chalk that up to just me being a smartass. i kind of go back and forth between arguing and being a smartass.

if you want me to actually make a point, the point i will make is that it is no more useful to blame the person than to blame the system. mortal says it was the fault of shaolin gongfu that he fights like a little girl, and you say it was his fault that he fights like a little girl. blah blah blah. the point is, mortal fights like a little girl, and we can all agree on that, so let's move on.

oh well. i guess i'm gonna have to stick with being a smartass for today.

Comment

A very heavy little girl with long nails.

If you think Shaolin is self defense it could get you hurt or killed. I don't want to see my fellow shaolin brothers and sisters getting beat up.

Comment

Okay, so if Shaolin doesn't teach self-defense OR fighting, what do they teach? Forms, forms, and more forms only? Or do you mean they only teach sparring, which is neither?

Comment

I haven't heard of Shao Lin monks getting beaten up. What do they practice? Shao Lin.... Maybe you mean it's not useful for someone under 5 years of experience as you said before. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the person training. I'm sorry to hear you fight like a little girl. But I've practiced Shao Lin most of my life and I haven't died or gotten my ass kicked in any self defense situation I've had. Nor have any of my Shao Lin brothers, sisters, or students. It's definitely not the style that makes YOU fight like a little girl.

A mi tuo Fo
                -Xing Jian

Comment

I never said it makes you fight like a little girl.

I said before if someone wants to come teach me a lesson on how it is effective for fighting. Bring it.

I would show you how unrealistic most of the movements are for actual fighting.

The monks don't get beat up because they don't fight.

Comment

"I would show you how unrealistic most of the movements are for actual fighting."

This sentence here shows what I said in the first place. It's your training. Each and every one of those movements are realistic. It just comes down to the way you train those moves to be used. If you don't know how to train them to be realistic. Then they won't be realistic. So if they aren't realistic for you, then once again I must say that is your mistake in training which is making it unrealistic. The moves are realistic. Only unrealistic when your training is also unrealistic. That can be the fault of the teacher. But if you are smart you will realize how to make these movements realistic. Simple as that.

A mi tuo Fo
                    -Xing Jian

Comment

And here we go folks. Grap you pop corn and scurry back to you seats..

round 1 of:

Martal vs. Xing_jian108 is ready to begin..

ding ding ding
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

KIAI!!!

Comment

lolo

Comment

The real goal of training shaolin is to never get into a fight.

Trust me, It will prolong your life.

Comment

That just doesn't make sense.

Fighting isn't a death sentence. Especially if your the winner. But that isn't my point. The point is at the very least the side effect of training is to be able to kick ass if nessecary. What if your cornered and you've only trained shaolin forms? Then you could tell everyone how you couldn't defend your self after years of shaolin traiiining.

Comment

Training forms should involve learning the techniques. And learning the techniques should involve practicing them in live sparring. And live sparring should get you ready enough to use these techniques if you need. Like I've been saying the whole time. It's the way people train that makes it ineffective. Not the style. It was created during war times. I think these people created, tried and tested these techniques to work. What would they not still be effective? Unless humans have 4 arms and 6 legs. But that's not the case. It's not the style that is ineffective. It's the training.

A mi tuo Fo
                                -Xing Jian

Comment

Working...
                                X