No announcement yet.

We have lost the Iraq war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"But if bin Laden is much stronger than he was, why haven't there been more attacks on the United States?

"One of the great intellectual failures of the American intelligence community, and especially the counterterrorism community, is to assume if someone hasn't attacked us, it's because he can't or because we've defeated him," says Scheuer. "Bin Laden has consistently shown himself to be immune to outside pressure. When he wants to do something, he does it on his own schedule."

mortal- there aren't a finite number of terrorists. It's a phenomenan as well as a bunch of organizations. There was terrorism in russia last month. We've killed tons of terrorists in iraq but te fact that we just had to level fallujah is more a symbl of our failure than a success. Would you consider 9/11 a success because 19 terrorists were killed?
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

Yes it was a success for the terrorists. Just like Fallujah is a success for us. It is a victory. How do you know we leveled the city? That isn't what I have heard.

It is all about perspectives. Ours happen to be very different.

It is hard for me to comprehend the liberal perspective. You guys look at a black wall and say its white. Every victory George Bush has is a failure in your eyes. In the liberal veiwpoint our horrible foreign policiy justifies september 11th. We can't make everyone happy all of the time but we could make them fear us. That is all these animals who are fighting us understand.

Comment

retard butter

Comment

What does that mean? Did you just have a brain fart?

Comment

Originally posted by lester1/2jr
            there aren't a finite number of terrorists.
            i am a stickler for details, and so i am going to point out, there are a finite number of terrorists. that number either is or has the potential to be growing, due to a common sentiment in certain parts of the world, but to be literal that number will always be finite. if we had a magical ray gun that could seek out all the terrorists in the world and kill them at once, and we used it once a month or so, our problem would be solved.

it would be irresponsible for me not to point out the potential implications of this imaginary weapon.

Originally posted by mortal
            In the liberal veiwpoint our horrible foreign policiy justifies september 11th. We can't make everyone happy all of the time but we could make them fear us. That is all these animals who are fighting us understand.
            so do we have good foreign policy for making them fear us, or horrible foreign policy because we have to do that? or it was horrible before the bush years, and is now great?

Originally posted by mortal
            What does that mean? Did you just have a brain fart?
            god i hate that expression.

Comment

if ther were a finite number we would only have to use the ray once

Comment

Originally posted by lester1/2jr
                if ther were a finite number we would only have to use the ray once
                ah! but you're failing to consider those individuals that are not yet terrorists but become terrorists. the ray gun would theoretically not be effective on these individuals, unless it was a clairvoyant ray gun, which could kill everyone who would ever be a terrorist. if there is a constantly expanding group, that group is finite but growing, not infinite. any number of people has to by definition be finite, because there are a finite number of people in the world and there will only ever be a finite number of people in the universe.

don't even bring up terrorists from alternate dimensions. they are very bad at bomb making and not a real threat.

this is all very important to keep in mind if we are ever going to make the CTKRG (clairvoyant terrorist killing ray gun) a reality.

Comment

Since we don't have that weopon. Should we sit and do nothing.

Or negotiate with them. Please Mr. Terrorist don't attack our country anymore. We love you.

Oh wait Jimmy Carter did that and they laughed in his face and said America was weak.

Then they elected Reagan and poof! The hostages were released.
                  They knew better then to mess with a macho cowboy.

Comment

mortal- this isn't a video game or a tv show. If bin laden gets his hands on the stuff that was looted in baghdad there's no telling how many he could kill. Bush's cowboy hat won't protect you.

Comment

Well we agree on something.

I don't understand your analagy. Why would I think life is a video game.

Like Bin laden doesn't have his own explosives.
                      Like he even needs them. He could use planes or other objects.

We will catch him one day.
                      Until then he will be in the bowels of a cave like the brave terrorist he is.

Comment

my point is bush's decisions have real consequuences. or any president. America is the best country in the world and there has to be accountability. It's fine to be willing to wage war on terrorists or dictators. There's prbably a hunded guys who could do that as president. Bush sr (gulf war) and Clinton (kosovo) did it with a hell of a lot more success.

Comment

So what is your point?

What should we do? If you were prez what would you do?

I look forward to your long, well thought out response.

Comment

well, there are a few things GW could have done, like, plan for what happens after we take care of their military. and, when it became apparent that things wouldn't be so easy, send more troops. lots.

Comment

As I suspected. No real answers.

Only Zachsan? Where are the rest of you? All you liberals do is critisize Bush with none of your own positions

The same people planned Afganistan. We didn't expect the ungrateful people of Iraq to act like that. It's war **** happens. We don't want to overrun them with more troops. They are already calling us occupiers.

Comment

There is an obvious communication problem between lester and mortal. Both are talking in circles.
                                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                                X