****ing idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ing idiots

now sunni clerics are calling for a boycott of the election in iraq by sunni muslims as a response to the new offensive in fallujah.

yeah. don't vote. that'll show us who's really boss, and ultimately lead to true freedom.

****ing idiots. this more than anything has me discouraged as to the possibility of democracy in iraq. if this is how they're gonna react to their problems, screw 'em, just get our troops out of there and don't waste any more time on their medieval bull****.

Democracy will never work in Iraq or Afghanistan so long as the people remain uneducated and therefore easily swayed by BS like this.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Democracy works only in places that have relative stability and a respect for governmental institutions that have been within the culture for a long time. America's 'democracy' came out of a culture that had been developing a few hundred years before the nation's birth. And even so, what America had back then could hardly be called a fair and enlightened voting system. It's only within the past 30-40 years that Americans got a somewhat fair deal, but there are still many problems.

My point? It's hard to introduce an entire society to a concept (within a year nonetheless) that Americans have been struggling with for a long, long time.
      -Jesse Pasleytm
      "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

WEll we have 4 more years, and I gotta go, more later, maybe. Heh.

Comment

well i didn't really mean "i give up let's just get out of there", i said it had me discouraged more than anything.

basically, if they have a shot at real democracy for the first time in decades, and they **** it up with their ignorance and bickering, who is the rest of the world going to blame? anyone but them. more importantly, it will be a shining example to the rest of the middle east that democracy only works for countries doing the will of satan, and that jihad is obviously the only way to true peace.

pazman - i agree completely. which is why this whole concept of "nation building" was, in my mind, a bad idea from the start. but i guess i had held out a lot more hope for it than i do since reading this.

Comment

I drive by places like Harvard and MIT everyday. theres tons of Middle eastern people and they seem to do just fine in a democracy. Wasn't democracy incvented in Greece? They are technically closer to the source. WE should be the terrorists
            "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

and we stole christianity from the jews.

funny how things work out, i suppose.

Comment

****ing idiots in our country

Some other heinous **** went down last week.

In Broward County, Florida, electronic voting machines counted backwards: as more people voted, the official vote count went down. [1]

In one Columbus, Ohio suburb, election officials have acknowledged that electronic voting machines credited Bush with winning 4,258 votes, even though only 638 people voted there. [2]

Six prominent members of Congress have called for an investigation. Representatives Conyers (D-MI), Holt (D-NJ), Nadler (D-NY), Scott (D-VA), Watt (D-NC) and Wexler (D-FL), have demanded that the U.S. General Accounting Office:

immediately undertake an investigation of the efficacy of voting machines and new technologies used in the 2004 election, how election officials responded to difficulties they encountered, and what we can do in the future to improve our election systems and administration. [3]

Do you have a story? Were you prevented from voting? Tell us, at:

And zach, because I know you love documentation......

Footnotes:

1. Broward Machines Count Backward, Palm Beach Post, November 5, 2004

2. Glitch Gave Bush Extra Votes in Ohio, AP carried on CNN, November 5, 2004

3. Letters from members of Congress to David Walker, Comptroller General of the United States, demanding an investigation of the election: November 5th, 2004 & November 8th, 2004

Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Six prominent members of Congress have called for an investigation. Representatives Conyers (D-MI), Holt (D-NJ), Nadler (D-NY), Scott (D-VA), Watt (D-NC) and Wexler (D-FL)...
                  lol, notice a trend here?

anyway dao, i only want documentation when i disagree with you. but seriously, kerry was some 150K behind, was it? 4,000 or so wasn't gonna change our president.

i think it's hilarious that some of the same democrats who wanted to do away with the electoral college last election now want to debate over who really won ohio, when there was no question about who won the popular vote this time.

Comment

in summary:

Wtf, I have o idea how this attach thing works. I put in the URL in the Attach File: area, but it won't come up, and I've used the javascript shiznizzle, so ...hmmmm.....

Comment

It's like OJ. They had all the evidence and it was obvious to anyone with half a brain he did it, but they just couldn't make the case for some reason. Bush = OJ
                      "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

last time, maybe. This time, much less likely. I mean seriously, when the conspiracy theorists start ranting before the elections even start, how can you give them grounds or call it fair?

Comment

I like the fact that Kerry and that asshole Edwards have hired 17000 attorneys to check election counts, especially in Ohio. After he conceded the election...

Now that's honorable.

LOL
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

What did Edwards do to be an asshole? ..

Found this chart on the net. ...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Steve; 11-12-2004, 12:07 PM.
                            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                            "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I'm glad you posted the IQ stuff. More liberal propoganda.

From where I'm standing a garbage collector's average IQ might be lower then some executive. But it shouldn't make his vote count any less. Not according to liberals. I guess that is because they are so fair.
                              This is typical elitist thinking. Should thier votes be worth less?

I say thank God for those dummies. Without them we would have a flip flopper and a skumbag attorney running the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X