effect of directing the qi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effect of directing the qi

I would like to know what is exactly the effect of directing Qi in a part of the body? Why is it becoming so unbreakable? What is happaning in this part of the body?
    =========
    Peace out!

You mean for protection? Like for defense in the martial arts? That's when we do hard Qi Gong that allows you to break boards on you...

What it is, is just like a liquid form that flows in your blood. That's when you start to feel heat. It's liquid and warm. In the beginning stages of development. Later through practice that becomes more solid and you can direct it with the minds intent. Then when things are broken over you it doesn't hurt because you have that solid protection in that certain area of the body. Sometimes you can feel it moving around in other people if you touch them while they are doing the Qi Gong.

A mi tuo Fo
    -Xing Jian

Comment

as far as i'm aware, we don't know anything about what, if any, changes happen to a specific part of the body when qi energy is directed to that part of the body.

if the skin were to become harder or the bones more dense or something like that, we should be able to easily verify that through testing, and so far we haven't. if it's just a question of the amount of intensity of qi energy in the area, and it doesn't have any other effects on the body, we couldn't really measure that, because we don't have any instruments for measuring qi. we could, however, test that part of the body's resistance to needles and such, and i haven't heard of anything like that happening either.

if i were an advocate for hard qigong (which i obviously am not), i would jump at the chance, because finding that qigong could change bodily attributes not understood to be under voluntary control, or finding that it could stop or resist a needle before it actually touched the skin, would be pretty damn cool.

anyway, i've only heard traditionally the very simple explanation of "the qi makes your body more resistant to harm", and no specifics. maybe dao knows something about it i don't.

Comment

"if the skin were to become harder or the bones more dense or something like that"
        Yes, that's exactly what i meant. The skin resists too? Like the thing with the spear in the throat for example, the skin isn't broken at all after performing this technique? That's crazy, thats why i want to learn what happens with the qi in our bones or skin or...
        =========
        Peace out!

Comment

Qi can be detected, using an electrometer. If run over the body at certain accupuncture points the energy detected will increase. Find an electrician buddy and see if you can use one. Try it out.... Or find a Qi Gong master and ask to feel his Qi. You can feel intense heat from the palms, enough to burn paper from a foot away. Ripley's Believe It Or Not.. Also you can feel the Qi moving in some people. If you touch their Dan Tian while they are focussing the Qi, it will feel like a ball moving. It's hard.

Skin, muscle, and bones are built up through iron body drills. But you can only go so far with it. That's why we have Iron Qi Gong. We use this to be able to resist more and the more iron body drills we take the tougher the skin, muscles, and bones become. It's not just a direct effect from Qi Gong practice. We develope our Qi and understanding so we can use it better to protect. Then we can take more intense iron body training, making the all that tougher.

Qi, when focussed correctly, is like a shield to the body. Some people I've spoken to think it's not impressive when monks do a whole Qi Gong warm-up and then break things over them. They wonder why the monks can't just do it. Well, you do the Qi Gong warm-up in order to protect your body. Then those things being broken over you are like a stronger iron body training. Then later your skin, muscles, and bones will be much tougher, like I've been saying. Then you can take more hits without a Qi Gong warm-up. Such as in a fight..

A mi tuo Fo
          -Xing Jian

Comment

electrometers measure electrical charge, not qi energy.

Comment

It's not electrometers but heat detectors, I found a couple of months ago a serie of pictures took by a heat detector to see what happens when a monk (dont remember who he was) was practicing his qi gong exercises.

So, xing, for the spear in throat, it's more about Iron Training than directing qi?
              =========
              Peace out!

Comment

lol, heat detectors measure heat, not qi energy.

no one has proven that qi energy increases either electrical activity or heat in the body.

Comment

yes... qi produces kind of heat which can be tracked by a heat detector...
                  just google it, you'll find something
                  =========
                  Peace out!

Comment

I just found you a site: (you can use Google translator...)

http://www.ipn.at/pic/BWO.jpg

http://www.ipn.at/pic/BWO2.jpg
                    =========
                    Peace out!

Comment

again, it hasn't been proven. controlled, peer-reviewed studies are necessary to prove this kind of thing. if you're curious about why, read http://www.skepdic.com/control.html . as a basic rule of thumb, don't trust any experiment that wasn't published in a medical journal, especially when you find it on the internet, and don't trust pictures, especially when you find them on the internet.

but while i love a good qi energy-bashing, i think at this point everyone on the forum knows where i stand, so my purpose for this thread really was just to say that we don't know about any specific changes in the body that happen because of qigong. basically, if you want to practice this stuff, you just have to go by traditional explanations that don't really go into the details.

Comment

My question for you is why be so concerned with the inner details and all. Whether proof of what happens inside the body is shown or not, you see the effects of it. I've practiced Qi Gong for quite some time. It has great healing effects as well as for defensive and offensive protection and force. I don't need or care about the details. All I know is the effects I get from practicing it. I don't know any normal person who can break iron bars over their heads. The only people I know who can do that have practiced Iron Qi Gong. Also, my proof is the feeling I get when focussing Qi. It is something, what exactly I don't care. It works and helps a lot. For those who wish to stay in the dark and only believe something that can be proven, even when you can practice and prove it to yourself... well, whatever. That's your choice. Just don't try to condition your body to such a high extent or you will injure yourself. You won't get to the highest possibility. I always say one saying, "if you want your gong fu to soar like the eagle, you must practice Qi Gong, and if you want your Qi Gong to soar like the eagle, you must practice meditation".

A mi tuo Fo
                        -Xing Jian

Comment

Ok, anyway..... scientifically proven or not. It's been proven to myself and to many others. That's all the proof we need. If you really are interested in the proof you will practice it yourself and find out. Otherwise, no one cares.

Chen Zen, the spear to the throat is definitely a Qi manipulation move. You can't just start hitting yourself in the throat with bars or something. It's a very weak spot of the body. It only takes 40-60 pounds of pressure to break the skin with the spear there. Tests were done with a fake body with life-like skin. I don't remember the pounds, I think 40-60 or something. Anyway, that is proof to anyone who can do the spear to the throat. That would be enough to make you believe something has happened in your body through the Qi Gong and conditioning practice. You can't just do that type of conditioning without Qi Gong.

A mi tuo Fo
                          -Xing Jian

Comment

Sure you can. I am going out right now to prove it can be done. When I return I will laugh in your face. HAHAHHAHAHHAAHHA!
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Hmm, I ponder upon him still not having returned, I hope nothing severe has occured to Fat Leon---

Comment

Working...
                              X