Newly updated forum: Forum Shutdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly updated forum: Forum Shutdowns

I've updated the discussion forum, finally. In it you'll find all sorts of new stuff, including new private messaging options, internet wide instant messaging options (yahoo, MSN, ICQ, etc), a new discussion forum chat room, and loads of other goodies. Search around a play with it, contact me if you have any problems.

The Inner Sanctum is now a private area, for which you need to apply for membership. You do that with your USER CP.

Still working on a few more things...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Make sure that you update your options and stuff in your personal user control panels (User CP). Things have changed a bit, and there's lots to learn in this new forum.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Image uploading

I've revised the server PHP and image library functions so that photo or file uploads to the discussion forum will show up as thumbnails, instead of large pictures. This should enable faster downloading of threads. Click on the thumbnails to open the image in a large browser window (use your back button to return to the forum).

You can upload up to five images/files in each post now. They will show up as expandable thumbnails.

More coming.....

russbo.com

Comment

Stars

Stars will show up in your avatar identification box that signify your post level. Each star signifies one hundred posts; when you hit one thousand posts, your stars then revert to new colors. The higher the stars and the colors, the higher the post counts. (When you hit ten stars, you change back to one star of a higher color).

The colors change in the following order, from yellow to black:Yellow. Grey. Green. Blue. Red, Black.

Photo submissions in the Photo Library count towards your post count.

russbo.com

Comment

Stars

Stars that show up next to your user name signify the amount of posts that you've contributed. Posts in the Photo library add to your post count. The more colors and the more stars, the more posts.

I'm working on cute little birds for Arhat. Now that's going to be an accomplishment.

russbo.com

Comment

Member Album

I've added another feature to the forum. It is, basically, a photo album of all registered members. You can join this by uploading a jpeg picture of yourself, via your USER CP. The picture needs to be less than 200 by 200 pixels. The new Member Album area can be accessed via the navigation bar above.

Hope you like this new feature.

russbo.com

Comment

My Custom Links in the Navigation Bar

There's a new option in your USER CP, on the very bottom of that page, in the Options section, called My Custom Links. In that box, if you input some of your favorite links, a new option will show up in the navigation bar, when you are in the Forum/Library sections.

Along with a new doc surprise.... (which some of you have already found)

Try putting this in that box, just as an example:

[xxx=http://x.russbo.com/index.php]doc's place [/xxx]
              [xxx=http://www.google.com]Google[/xxx]
              Copy and paste this into your box, but make sure that you replace the xxx with url. It will work fine. Feel free to create your own.

The links that you put in yourself have to follow this format EXACTLY otherwise you will crash your USER CP. (If you do that, just use the back button on your browser to try again).

Once you input one or more links into your "My Custom Links" section in the USER CP/ Options area, My Links will show up on your navigation bar. You do not have to use this new feature. However, if you don't, you won't find the new favorite doc surprise all that easily...

russbo.com

Comment

Forum Shutdown

I will be shutting the Forum / Library down for a few hours, sometime over the next few days, to perform some much needed server and forum updates. New features will be installed also.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I'll get everything functioning again as soon as possible.

russbo.com

Comment

I've completed the major forum upgrade. And, even though I had a few disasters, I got it all fixed. Except for the Quotes section on the main page. I'm working on that.

IF you find anything that does not seem to be working correctly, please contact me ASAP so that I can get it fixed before I leave for Thailand.

Thanks!

russbo.com

Comment

Here we go again. Another major forum upgrade is in process. More security fixes, and a few extra features that I'm going to be adding prior to my return to Thailand. The forums might be down, or acting funny, over the next few days. Sorry about any inconveniences.

russbo.com

Comment

As you've probably noticed, the forums are finally moving faster. The past three months have been an issue with our old ISP. On this new one, things are working better. I've upgraded the forums to the latest software, but now, I have to upgrade all the little "additions" to the forum. These forums are complicated, to say the least. And the hacks that I've added, are old versions. You may have noticed that some things "don't work".

Now that I'm on a server that doesn't time me out, I can proceed to do some work here. Over the next week or so, I will be rebuilding all of the little "additions" that you've come to expect here. The forums will be changing from day to day. Some of the changes will be visible, some will not. It's going to be a lot of work, but I've been itching to get this done for a few months. I'm not sure how long this will take me, but it should be done in the next week or two. Or three...

Sorry for any down time or inconvenience. Things should be more up to date, and improved, with some new additions, soon.

russbo.com

Comment

Major forum upgrade

I will be working on a MAJOR forum upgrade over the next few days. By major, I mean a complete revision.

This means two things. A lot of work for me, and a new, fully featured, faster, and more effective discussion forum for you. Many of the things that you have come to expect here will be gone; eventually, I will rebuild them and try to bring them back. I'm not sure how well this is going to go, or, how long this will take, so please accept my apologies for any forum shutdowns or inconveniences.

The newly updated Forums should be worth the effort.

russbo.com

Comment

i like the snow effect. especially how it still falls in hell.

Comment

The new forum is up and running, and all seems to be happy. I have a lot more work to do though, expect more changes in the near future. Let me know if you find any problems.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X