Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chu chi quan/chu qi quan/qu qi quan - which is it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chu chi quan/chu qi quan/qu qi quan - which is it???

I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought this was the most appropriate section.

When I was at the Chan Wu Xue Yuan, one of the forms I learnt was called Chu Chi Quan (that's how I'd spell it phonetically, I don't know the pinyin for it ). Does/could anybody tell me what it translates to and what the pinyin for it is?

I'm thinking that maybe "chu" in this context means something like rudimentry or beginning.
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Don't recognize it. Sad, and it's my school. How long was it and what did you learn in it? Sure it wasn't "Wu bu chuan"? That's basically a five stance form that's done in both directions.

Or did Steve teach you this on one of your nightly adventures?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

LoL, You got tricked! "Qu Qi" is Chinese for "cookie".

You learned cookie fist from some joker.

Comment

Could it be Chujiquan?? That means like basic/first fist.
        Amithaba

Comment

Nah, it's cookie fist.

Comment

Hey, Steva and I met Cookie, and her buddies with equally edible names, and you don't want to see her fist.

Nor the rest of her. Unless it's very, very dark.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Steva.. is that Steve's name when he goes out dressed like a woman?

Comment

Lol - I love the way threads degenerate on this forum. From forms to cookies, from cookies to "is Steve a drag queen?"!!!!! Pure genius.

It was a basic form, very short. Consisting mainly of gongbu to mabu changes with a couple of tam tui's thrown in at the start.

Xingwei definately taught it to me, I'm sure because it was daytime. Steve's lessons took place in much darker lighting conditions. But I'd like to add that he was wearing guys clothing, and there were no practical demonstrations between ourselves, and they were always in public places!!

Now I feel like I have to put little disclaimers on everything for fear of any subtext being (delibrately) confused by Xing Jian

Doc, you couldn't ask Xing Wei when you next see him could you??

Oh, and Premier. Thanks for the serious response

May the degeneration of topics continue........

Comment

Sounds like wu bu chuan. And if Xing Jian "(delibrately)" confuses you posts, and causes further degeneration of the topics, you can always increase his reputation.

russbo.com

Comment

It definately wasn't wu bu quan.

There was no xie bu or pu bu in the form. There was ma bu dan bien in the form though.

Comment

It was most likely some version of Chu Ji Quan, as Premier suggested. Chu Ji means elementary.

Oh, and let me ask you this.. Does your snap kick come up straight leg waist high, then you slap your foot, then you bend your knee?!

Comment

Originally posted by xing_jian108
                        It was most likely some version of Chu Ji Quan, as Premier suggested. Chu Ji means elementary.

Oh, and let me ask you this.. Does your snap kick come up straight leg waist high, then you slap your foot, then you bend your knee?!
                        Oh, god...not here too.

Comment

Puhahaha...

Comment

Xing Jian:
                            Dogchow:
                            Oh, god...not here too.
                            Xing Jian:
                            Puhahaha...
                            Hmmm, what am I missing here?

Comment

I think you are missing the last few pages of the Tong Bei Quan thread. I was just carrying over a joke from that thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X