No announcement yet.

herbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some herbal remedies may do more harm than good. Researchers writing today in the Journal of the American Medical Association report that 20 percent of herbal medicine products sampled contained dangerous levels of heavy metals.

Comment

Just curious what's the difference between tiger balm, and dit jaw powder? My teacher sells tiger balm, how often should it be used? etc?
      "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Tiger balm is just another form of bengay type oinment. It's good for some local discomfort and mild soreness after a workout as it increases circulation (due to a heating effect). Dit Da Jow, whether powder, pill or liquid, is based a little more on tcm principles, and can have many effects depending on the formula used. In general Dit Da Jow tends to be for deeper more serious injury than something like a Tier Balm, althoug, again, the formula will determine exact application.
        Mike Evans
        Medford, NY

Comment

well bengay $$$
          tigerbalm, regulated substance

red pepper and vasoline well I can find those at home

does it depend on how badly the injury is, how much red pepper you add in?
          Last edited by Greenknight2; 12-27-2004, 05:29 PM. Reason: add more infromation in
          "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Tiger balm =

6-8 ounces of Vaseline melted (in a double boiler) with a small container of viks vapo-rub(for the camphor and menthol) then mixed with finely powdered cayenne pepper (amount will vary depending on the grade of pepper used--start with a tablespoon or two. you can always reheat the mixture and add more). Stir for several minutes, then let cool.
            Mike Evans
            Medford, NY

Comment

Wonderful Post

hi
              Its a wonderful and informational post with some information I was looking for a long time.
              Thanks anyway
              Tony __________________

Comment

I'm using zheng gu shui for muscle bruising. It's nice!

Comment

Working...
                X