No announcement yet.

The new russbo.com look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know. I've been thinking about it, and using it, and I think it can be used in a very beneficial, educational way. As long as we remain "adults" in some sense of the word, which, granted, might be more difficult than it sounds, lol. There are some advantages to using this reputation system. Try it out for a while, I think you'll see what I mean. Not necessarily the numbers, which can be entertaining, but the commentary that you can add.

Besides, how else can I give away free training?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by xing_jian108
      Could you explain what the boxes and stars mean and how the rep power works? I've looked but I don't know....

Comment

the new site looks great doc, i havent read any new threads or explored the site, but it looks sweet

no internet for a long time now so i cant enjoy this stuff but, definately great job

cheers
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I think the new layout is great. What are the little different colored stars for to the right by my info / reputation status?
          Mike Evans
          Medford, NY

Comment

Those stars basically signify how many posts you have. It's just a visual representation of your post amount. They flash when you get higher, which, is, well, cool.

LOL
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

i bet then that they will flash very often for DDJ.

Comment

Expect soon, lines on things like the Golden Globes, the Oscars, a few sporting events, stuff like that. I'm currently looking for some interesting ones, plus after I can safely say I'm not going to totally lose my arse, I'll have lines up like when will Steve cut his hair again (I'll need Doc's help on that one). Give me this weekend to find some stuff and read all this stuff, it'll be coming, just give me a few days.
                practice wu de

Comment

doc, one problem i've noticed with the new search feature is that it will not yield any results from before the latest forum overhaul. is that even fixable?

Comment

The search feature works throughout the whole forum. Remember, there are TWO search bars, one searches in the thread you're looking at, the other, up above in the navigation bar, searches the entire forum.

russbo.com

Comment

i'm talking about the search from the navigation bar. honestly. try it - do an "advanced" search that should search all threads posted at all times for a word that you know for a fact should get lots of hits. i did a search for "bush"... nada. "zachsan" gets plenty of hits, but none dated before the site overhaul.

Comment

I think I should have taken doc to screw something up at 5 to 1
                        practice wu de

Comment

well as an addendum, now, doing a search for the name of our beloved president will yield 1 result and 1 result only, that being my use of the word in my prior post on this thread.

Comment

What are you searching for?
                            practice wu de

Comment

that's an excellent question. what are we all searching for, really?

Comment

Fixed. Thanks for bringing to my attention. Just didn't realize it. Now, if I can fix the email and TV/Radio links, we'll be in business.

Oh, and all hail Zachsan. Our second bookie. Maybe this new job will keep him trying to steal docdollars from the rest of us....

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X