Shi Yong Xin: The Inside Track...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Yong Xin: The Inside Track...

From all the pictures of the abbot I saw, I can't say he seems happy. Tell me, why he is so sad, is he really profound wisdom?

Look at this picture for example, the two masters are similing and not him..
    =========
    Peace out!

Well, considering what he's done, and what he has to deal with, I can't see how the guy can be happy. There's a lot going on in his head. Also, I think he has a thyroid disorder, from his appearances, which would contribute to the facies that you see.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

He 's the abbott and is and has been staging a world wide comeback and protection mission on behalf of all shaolin........ it's no wonder the guy's a little serious........ the things we do for our passions ha .

BL

Comment

well speaking with Amitabha last night, and from looking at that picture, he probably just got the message that Steve DeMasco is accepting disciples now, and doesn't want to give him his cut.
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Holy Sh!t! Look at all my stars!!
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

being a buddhist monk, he could made just smile a little bit. A buddhist shoudnlt be that sad everyday..
            =========
            Peace out!

Comment

DUDE! WAKE UP. He has a daughter and a girlfriend! See why he's unhappy????????

Comment

We stay in SHAOLIN , i heard many stories about the abbot of SHIYONG XIN, sounds a bad man! it's said he has at least THREE wifes , maybe called them lover. of coure , all of them not in DENG FENF, maybe in HONGKONG, or other big cities. and he got so much money in the name of the donation for shaolin temple , such as the richest person in HONGKONG, Mr.lee jiacheng, whose company donated at least 20,0000 RMB , around $ 25000 , but he said to the public only $5000.almost everyday he is busy for the interview or invitation by different countries, not just like DEYANG , a real good master, he was supposed to be the abbot instead of shiyong xin, his next generation. it's said that shi yongxin is a ANHUI provice guy, before enter the shaolin temple , he is just a begger and almost died of hungry. a warm-hearted shaoli monk feed him and let him stay in shaolin as a cleaner. but during the new china liberation, he sent many many jwellery and golden buhddas from the shaolin temple to some higher governers and get the right to be the abbot. so it 's unfair for DEYANG!!! and there are also many stories from shaolin i heard.....

i tell more later

Comment

Originally posted by deepthroat
                  We stay in SHAOLIN , i heard many stories about the abbot of SHIYONG XIN, sounds a bad man! it's said he has at least THREE wifes , maybe called them lover. of coure , all of them not in DENG FENF, maybe in HONGKONG, or other big cities. and he got so much money in the name of the donation for shaolin temple , such as the richest person in HONGKONG, Mr.lee jiacheng, whose company donated at least 20,0000 RMB , around $ 25000 , but he said to the public only $5000.almost everyday he is busy for the interview or invitation by different countries, not just like DEYANG , a real good master, he was supposed to be the abbot instead of shiyong xin, his next generation. it's said that shi yongxin is a ANHUI provice guy, before enter the shaolin temple , he is just a begger and almost died of hungry. a warm-hearted shaoli monk feed him and let him stay in shaolin as a cleaner. but during the new china liberation, he sent many many jwellery and golden buhddas from the shaolin temple to some higher governers and get the right to be the abbot. so it 's unfair for DEYANG!!! and there are also many stories from shaolin i heard.....

i tell more later
                  I would LOVE to take this guy seriously, but his post name almost makes me think this is one big joke. Then again, I should talk...

Comment

i have heard from some book that because guys like this are enlightened or whatever they become unhappy with the world or irritable, maybe that face just comes with being an abbot.

Comment

i bet that IS his smile. you dont want to see him mad.

my grandpa smiles the same way.
                      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

It's all the botox....

now that would be a rumor....
                        practice wu de

Comment

Shi yongxin is from Yingshang , Anhui provice, not from Henan provice. His original name is LIU YINCHENG,he became a shaolin monk in 1981, when he was 16 years old.and after he entered the shaolin temple, his teacher is the abbot XINGZHEN, who was died in six years.so yongxin became a yongest master in the whole China , and in 1999, he became the abbot.

and since 1986, he created many association and orgnizations successely, such as SHAOLIN TEMPLE BOXING RESEARCH ASSOCIATION, shaolin fighting monks group, shaolin temple of red cross accociation, shaolin art and callegraphy institute, zhonghua chan-sect research association, zhonghua chan --poems research association... he is the leaders of all the orgnizations. and now on his name card, writing: SHI YONGXIN, the abbot of shaolin temple, on the back of the name card is: the national reprisentive of the ninth and tenth sencer of China national meeting, the vice- headmaster of china buddha association, the headmaster of HENAN province buddha association, the headmaster of oversea friendship association henan province... and no body can tell, yong xin probabely is the first abbot in Chinese history with name card! and now, shaolin temple owns itself webside, and yong xin said , all the net work finished by monks.

there are many many changes happened after yongxin becoming an abbot.
                          such as , before,all the monks living in the temple should get up at 4:00 AM, but now is 5:00 o'clock, late one hour. he explained that because before there was almost no any work to do for monks, but now they have to recieve many touriests , disiples, and everyday they have fixed work to do, so enough rest to maitain the monks keep healthy. and they emploree the professtional cleaner and safeguards instead of monks, to save much time to study to improve the level of the culture.

he said when he entered the temple in 1981, the temple was backward, together only around 10 monks , and nine of them are old monks, all monks make a hard living on 28 actare land. but now there ia around hundred monks and have enough money send some of monks to tsinghua university to further study, which called China Oxforward University. and first built in 1511, the abbot house , there are decorated by modern things, such as computer,digital camera...it's said since1996, yongxin began to learn internet, so close to the world, to know world well...

before the shaolin country issue, people respected shaolin temple more, but after that, more people complaining...since 2001 shaolin temple renovation and change the enviroment, the complain voice continue ...in the two years, put down all the houses around the temple is about 100,000 square meters, moved 40 kungfu schools , 1000 stores...until the end of 2003, make around 300,000 square meters room for empty near the temple.although suffering complaining, yongxin didn't move his heart to clean the enviroment...

and it's funny thatthe last four numbers of yongxin 's cellphone is 6688. you see, in China, people will spend thounds of money to buy a cellphone number with the number 6 and 8 , although it's just a number. because people believe number 6 means smoothness or everything goes well, number 8 means good forture, richness, just stands for good luck, so double six and double eight will be more best, but as the buddha abbot believe it , too!!

during last year's TSUNERMY disaster of Thailand, all of the shaolin monks through the China buddha associatin donated 400,000 RMB to show their thoery, which preaches mercy and benevolence...and in 2003, the abbot , yongxin in his own name donated 100,000 RMB to the goverment of DENGFENG,to in case of controling SARS, and called on all the buddha associations and organizations to donate a little energy to defence the SARS...

Comment

Nice name/avatar, Deepthroat. Lol.
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

can't you get juicier...
                              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                              X