Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with translation (Mandarin language translation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xing,

I used to assist my old shifu quite a bit. He always pushed me, insisting I help people more and more, which at the time was a little annoying due to my age, but your words are very similar to his. He pressed those of us that he thought he could, saying, " You use a lot of energy teaching..yet you also learn the most when you teach, so the more you help the more you'll learn."

be well,

g
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Yes, it's true words. If you are able to teach, why not? You can only learn from it. I've had a few students here and there for years. But I opened a school of my own a couple years ago. Since I opened the school I've felt my own skill has improved much more than when I was just training alone. To teach you must always try to be perfect with each movement so you can teach the best quality. So, it has improved my training as well. Cuz, now I'm doing it for other people as well. And then like I said, teaching them really helps you learn things you could never learn just training on your own or with your teachers.

Comment

It is said you retain 90% of what you teach, it is drastically more than reading, hearing, etc.

We should start a new thread with teaching strategy and whatnot....
        practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
          It is said you retain 90% of what you teach, it is drastically more than reading, hearing, etc.

We should start a new thread with teaching strategy and whatnot....

you know, you can understand that two differnt ways- one maybe more flattering than the other.

Comment

Working...
          X