Reputation and Thread views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputation and Thread views

Choose as many poll options as you'd like when answering.

Please advise how you like the different views we can have in the forum. We have a choice of two, horizontal or vertical.

Horizontal is when the poster's information is on TOP of the post, picture is to the left, poster's information is to the right. The advantages of this are that it saves space, which, may not be an issue for people, lol. The disadvantages are that it is not what we're used to. For an example, it's what I have on the forums now.

Vertical is when the poster's picture and information are to the left of the post. Because there's a lot of information, and picture space, you end up with a lot of blank space underneath small posts, if posters do not write a lot. For an example, look at Disney's boards (http://www.disboards.com/).

Please advise as to how you like the Reputation system. I've made it so that if you alter someone's reputation, a box will show up under their post showing your comments and agree/disagree status in that post. I can make it so that only the reciever of the comments can see them in that post, or, so that no one can see them (then, I'm not sure where you see those comments, maybe in your personal USER CP. Personally, I kind of like the public viewing of these; it can be helpful, and interesting, as long as people remain kind of civil. If people don't remain civil, then it can be downright entertaining....

Reputation system is on the boards not only to make it educational and interesting, but, to provide me with a mechanism to provide free training eventually, for people with high reputations. There is a method to my eternal madness.

Think well here. Let me know what you want to do. Poll closes in thirty days.
    Use the horizontal posting style, with the poster information on the top of the post
    19.67%
    Use the vertical posting style, with the poster information on the side of the post
    9.84%
    Keep the reputation stuff as it is, public viewing of all reputation comments
    24.59%
    Make the reputation stuff private between commentor and commentee on the boards
    1.64%
    Keep the reputation stuff entirely private, making people go to the USER CP to see what has been written
    3.28%
    Get rid of the reputation stuff entirely, I'm not man enough to see who hates me
    4.92%
    Steve needs to make more funny gifs for the new forum styles, and wash his hair
    19.67%
    Doc and Steve need to spend less time on the server, and more time saving the lost souls of Las Vegas' goddesses
    16.39%

The poll is expired.

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

From the poll : Steve needs to make more funny gifs for the new forum styles, and wash his hair

HEY, My hair is clean!
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I think you both should put some serious time into those godesses for starters but as far as the rep comments go, providing we can trace who's said what , negative or supportive....it's all insight on one of either our characters right...I think leaving your name on your comment should be mandatory......

and now boys , I do believe you both have some godesses to attend.......

and such is the work of the great men of russbo.....

cheers

BL

Comment

This is fun, albeit a bit confusing at first. This is by far the most "advanced" board I frequent. I also said I like the poster's info on top, as it is something different, but not confusing or anything.
        practice wu de

Comment

Woah!!! What's happened??? Peoples' reputations have dropped loads. (Unless I'm imagining things)

And I'm sure nobody's been dissing Shaolinstylee - everbody seems to love him. (must be that avatar)

Perhaps Doc was getting jealous since his rep was staying on 10??
          Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Never fear. I've played with the numbers a bit so that new members can't flood the boards with negativity. It might have brought things down a bit. But your actual reputation can be found in your USER CP (what you see on your post boxes is your reputation power, or, your ability to influence other people's reputations).

Make sense. Yea, I understand it too. Whatever.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Either way, big congrats to dogchow for winning the first free training.
              practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
                This is fun, albeit a bit confusing at first. This is by far the most "advanced" board I frequent.
                Just wait....

And, you can be a god again. I fixed that. Just stop using your "custom title"

russbo.com

Comment

Word, congrats.. I know you'll enjoy it after seeing you take the seminar with Shi De Shan......

cool, I will be a god again... maybe not a good one, but thats neither here nore there.
                  practice wu de

Comment

One quick thing doc... is there a way to highlight or underline hyperlinks automatically?
                    practice wu de

Comment

Not sure if I know what you mean. Like, where....

russbo.com

Comment

If you post a hyperlink, the text looks exactly the same as the rest of it.... I was wondering if there was a control for that somewhere in the board. On your end or in the user cp (I couldn't find it, but then again I'm a numbskull).

This is the current setting for hyperlinking..

If you set it to dark red or something

practice wu de

Comment

Interesting, I tried to do the second hyperlink in dark red, but it came up white as well....

I have the forum set to the red trim.....

Maybe doing both at once doesn't work (the hyperlink and color feature don't seem to work together..)
                          practice wu de

Comment

Apparently, hyperlinks only show up as underlines, and can't have color changes. It's not an option on my end, as far as I can see; it's hard coded into the program, and I haven't the slightest idea where it might be. (I've changed this thing quite a bit, so I have a decent idea where things should be).

If I find it, I'll play with it.

Now, if I can only get your god status back again...

russbo.com

Comment

Yeah, I see it when I scroll over it. No biggy...

Oh, and all my links are my some of my fav. websites (other than this one of course).
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X