X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record of the Year

Who will win the record of the year?
    practice wu de

i'm assuming you mean for the grammys. i would peg usher as the shoo-in, because he has swept every other mediocre factory music award show so far this year.

is this a wager?

damn it shaolinstylee, i lost 110 docdollars trying to steal 110 docdollars from you.

Comment

OK, I realise there is a long time between when the bet closes, and when the payout is, but to keep this "real" I found out the ballot date, and the televised date, so I won't ruin the surprise, and the surprise won't be ruined (by someone finding out the winners pre it being televised).
      practice wu de

Comment

I don't recognize any of these songs, LOL.

Why can't we bet on something that I have a better chance of making money on? Like, what kind of car Yongxin will buy next year...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

doc, if someone is to win a bet, does that come out of the bookie's wallet or does it just appear in that person's account out of nowhere?
          Last edited by zachsan; 12-14-2004, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Oh, no....

There are three of us? (or just two).. I guess I'll have to have the boys sent out to make sure neither of you encroaches on my territory.

I guess I should have actually made a line up for usher, at like 1/100 or something... oh well, he is considered the front runner by so far it is rediculous.. but you never know.. maybe there will be some big controversy or something.
            practice wu de

Comment

I take pride in myself for not knowing what the hell you guys are talking about.

Comment

well assuming that you expect him to win, you would want to make it 100 to 1, not 1 to 100. but you can still change it. i'm just happy i got my bet in before you could.

btw, watch your back mother****er!

Comment

um, no, that would mean I pay out 100 for every 1 bet.. 1 to 100 would mean I'd pay out 1 for every 100 bet, so if you bet, and won, on that play, if you bet 50, you'd get .50...

It is opposite of how you'd think the straight odds. Either way, if he wins, you just get you're money back.
                  practice wu de

Comment

you're right about the odds, sorry. but anyway, if he wins, i get my wager back plus 1 docdollar for every 1 docdollar bet, so essentially i double my money. if he loses i just lose my wager.

so, if i won on your hypothetical play, i would get my original wager back plus .50, so i'd end up with $50.50. if i lost, i'd just lose my original 50.

Comment

NO WINNERS
                      practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                      X