and for the women?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and for the women?????

I'm currently training to step into the mma and sanshou ring for the first time competitively likely toward the second half of nxt yr at earliest, but after a few discussions with other mma ers , I'm beginning to realise that the competition options for women are really limited and from what I can gather, it's really quite similar everywhere . If anyone has any info or links on what's going to be available to me as a woman, I would appreciate it greatly .

cheers folks

Blooming Lotus

Hmmmmm. One idea comes to mind....
    Attached Files
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

That's quite an aspiration you have for me there :P

Couldn't possibley contend though so unfortunately I 'm just going to stick to the combat and training my hiney off

I tell you what though Doc , don the g- publically yourself, let the boys take a roll of film, post them here and I'll reconsider :P ......... actually, do that and I'll not only do the game show, take the job and wear the stoopid shorts while I play " ooohh .....look at me, I'm a female and I have round perky boobies that you'd just love to ....... and whoops , did I just drop my pen....... how tiny my shorts are and are you looking down my lacey victorias bra....... tounge slide along half of bottom lip and poutty lip biten innocent look ( to be traded half time for the hungry naughty mischeivious look ) and can I take your order pls " , but I'll give you a free beer everytime you come in .........

lol.....and now back to the real question

Blooming Lotus
      Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 12-19-2004, 01:16 AM.

Comment

I think options are still limited, however if I may suggest something, perhaps try some open tourments. For example in the area I'm in there the Badge State Games, which has a female division. I don't know what avaiable in your area. You could also train for a female boxer bout. Maybe there is something in Las Vegas that would do that. hmm.
        "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Vegas??? Thx for the other bit though, I'll check it out I guess, the exact moment I figure out how exactly to go about that. Open tournies...... got it....... I'll google for it. A start is a start I guess. I can't believe there's not more good information easily available anyway!!!

cheers GK

I'm on my way to out thailand though so I guess I'll start there but sanshou title aside where I know women are competing, and the worlds like those recently held in DengFeng ( which sounds funny even to type given my comp experience thus far), this was a serious question. What events can women compete in on international and national lvls???
          I spoke to some boys on another forum and one of the EFC ( or whatever that was) title holders told me that in pride for example they don't allow women. What the heck with that in the first place, but whinge aside, does anyone have some genuine information or is it all just going to be " you're a female , if you look fit, you should be naked and serving us men" ??? !!

Blooming Lotus
          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 12-19-2004, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Thailand? You can fight in the muay thai ring with the lady men.

Yes, they go into the ring and fight professional muay thai fighters, wearing their bra's, lipstick, and makeup, along with whatever other feminities that they get involved in, and they beat the **** out of the men.

LOL. God, it's a site. I'll get a video one day....
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

If they don't have a women's division you might want to steer clear of them. Also, another idea is you might want to start a website about female martial arts students.
              "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Okay, well I'm just happy to have the time and be able to find a forum and post on it alot of the time, but if you want to point me in the direction of one that already exists, that's going to work too

Blooming Lotus

Comment

Blooming Lotus

Register at mma.tv and ask about competitions for women in the Underground and Kickboxing forums.

I'm thinking about getting involved in MMA promoting in 2005 (I'm in NE Ohio). Send your email to juszczec@hotmail.com and if anything comes together, I'll drop you a line.

Mark
                  Karate/Jujutsu at Akron Shaw JCC

Comment

Cheers. That is extremely cool of you ! So you're a woman yourself yah?? Good stuff! I'm at shaymichelle@hotmail.com and anything at all you send will be sweet. I'll definately check out your link and maybe I'll see you on the circuit ( for muddy pillow fights in fave G s no less....because..errrm, that's what females do . right???? ).

cheers

Blooming Lotus

Comment

BL, sorry to burst your bubble, but if you look in the upper right corner of the screen (where it says gender), you'll see that juszczec is a man...

g
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus
                        Cheers. That is extremely cool of you ! So you're a woman yourself yah?? Good stuff!
                        Nope, I'm a guy. I share the email address with my wife, who has no interest in fighting.

I'm at shaymichelle@hotmail.com and anything at all you send will be sweet. I'll definately check out your link and maybe I'll see you on the circuit ( for muddy pillow fights in fave G s no less....because..errrm, that's what females do . right???? ).

Although there is a market for muddy pillow fights, I'm not so interested in money that I could actually organize them.

I'll hang on to your email address. I've got a lot of work to do before I can even think of putting an event together. Australia - that's where you are, isn't it? - is a long way off from NE Ohio but anything is possible.

Mark

Comment

The bottom of that post doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because I really know nothing about you or what you do . I am definately intersted in hearing about events I can compete in though and I'm nearly so desperate I've even looked at entertainment combat !! ...lol........
                          I am in Australia and I will likely be leaving within months. If you have some events you want to share with me that I can actually compete in , here ( as in on the boards ) is fine and I'll be happy to hear what you have to say. I am travelling after July at latest though, so anything you have elsewhere for us women will be cool too

cheers and happy new year

Blooming Lotus

Comment

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus
                            The bottom of that post doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because I really know nothing about you or what you do .
                            I did lousy job explaining myself.

I've begun researching what it would take to promote an MMA type event in my area. There are only a few promoters and I think I could run a very fighter friendly event - that's my hook, create an event that fighters will want to compete in.

I've got a lot of information gathering and other work to do if I am going to put on an event in 2005.

Your post about few events for women got me started thinking that I should incorporate some fights between women in this event I'm hoping to hold in 2005.

Then I realized you were in Australia while I am in NE Ohio. Even if I do get my act together and promote a fight in 2005, I seriously doubt I could make it worth the effort for you to travel that far north. Especially since it would be my 1st foray into promoting.

That's what I meant.

Mark

Comment

BTL, did you know that women in general aren't supposed to concentrate on the lower dan tien during menses? Instead, you focus on the middle dan tien while meditating or doing qigong during those times of your cycle. Otherwise, the qi you cultivate will be lost with your flow.

Just thought you should know.
                              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X