The Colliseum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Colliseum

The Colliseum is currently where all registered users can play. You can find it in your navigation bar, when in the Forum/Library, as long as you have previously configured it in your USER CP / Options. See the My Current Links thread in this forum, or, this post here:

http://x.russbo.com/vb/showpost.php?p=14552&postcount=7

You must have the "My Links" option set up, as described in the above post, in order to see the link to the Colliseum.

To play in the Colliseum, you need docdollars. Each game costs 25 docdollars to play. You can also purchase a Colliseum Pass in the Forum/Library Forum Market for, current price, 100 docdollars. This will allow you to play for two weeks.

When a new first place score is obtained in one of the games of the Colliseum, the jackpot is shared among the top five scorers, with the predominance of money going to the first and second place winners. All money that is spent on playing each individual game goes towards increasing the jackpot; the more users pay to play each game, the more money that goes into the jackpot.

Obviously, it is cheaper to buy arcade passes in the Forum/Library Market.

The Colliseum main screen is best viewed at 1280 x 1024 (even better at 1600 x 1200), as is the rest of the site.

The prices of the games, and, the initial jackpots, may be changed over the next few weeks as we gain experience with this system, and how it pays out.

Let me know if you have any troubles with this new system. As with the rest of the web site, it is evolving....

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

The Colliseum is back online, now, with over 600 games.

I have not yet fully integrated the new estore (the old Forum Market) with the Colliseum, so you won't get docdollars for becoming a champion. I expect to integrate these, soon.

In the meantime, have fun. There's lots of madness in the Colliseum now.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

You know you really could have let us know to withdraw all our docdollars before you destroyed the bank?

I guess it's fine, seeing as how we all start out relatively even when the new and potent eStore opens up, although I don't think the Underworld is going to stay much "under" in terms of changing all our shit around.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

The bank? You should still have the docdollars you had before. I protected them, and they should carry over to the new system.

The Colliseum is NOT attached, docdollar wise, to the new system. Yet.

russbo.com

Comment

But where is the bank? It's not under member services anymore.

Comment

The bank is in Member Services/ estore. In the "Points" section.

russbo.com

Comment

"You are not allowed to purchase this item."

Wtf?

Comment

I still have much to do in there. As I've said before, just look around to see what's coming.

It's not all completely functional yet. That, is going to take some time. There's lots to do.

russbo.com

Comment

And yet, in ~72 hours, you're abandoning your job just so you can get your toes sucked in Thailand?

Priorities, Doc. Priorities.

Comment

Working...
                  X