X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last post should read 'scouring'

-almost a Freudian slip there!!

Comment

• I've been looking at the Shaolin Temple.
      They have a group where I live, and I was thinking of going to the Qi Gong sessions.
      I'd really, really like to be able to do the prep sessions, but I wouldn't be able to keep up with the rest of the group, and I don't know if they'd want a half-crippled idiot in the back of the room trying to do things slowly :-)

Maybe I should start Qi Gong with them and then ask about prep...

More importantly though, there were 3 groups that caught my eye in my local area that do Qi Gong, and I was looking to see if anyone recommended the Shaolin Temple.
      It's not the main Temple as I don't live in London.

Djon Ma
      Karma Dechen Djon Ma
      "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
      Shantideva

Comment

• djonma, there are many different kinds of martial arts and/or qigong groups. are you attracted to shaolin for any particular reason? does it represent something to you?
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

• To be totally honest, I'm not really sure :-)
          I want to practice Qi Gong to help with my health, which is appalling.
          I like Shaolin, not sure why, it's just always been there in my mind.

Mostly, I've never heard of the other groups in the area, whereas obviously I've heard of Shaolin temple, and I definitely want to have a place that knows what Qi Gong is all about.
          I know there are too many T'ai Chi groups where it's just physical exercise.
          I don't want that; I know how to manipulate my Chi, and I use T'ai Chi as a walking meditation.
          I want to expand on that and really do something that is useful.

I don't suspect that many Qi Gong groups wouldn't really get the whole Chi thing, but I want to be sure that where I go really do know what they're talking about.

It will be a lot of effort for me, physically, and I don't really want to waste that. Obviously if I go to a group and don't like their method, or find it doesn't fit, I'll find somewhere else anyway.

Djon Ma
          Karma Dechen Djon Ma
          "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
          Shantideva

Comment

• My sigung for jow gar / wing chun / wu taichi and general kungfu is one of the best teachers for concious qi movement that I've ever come across. As it turns out, he grew up in kungfu school with jackie chan, is the eldest living lineage holder for his branch of wu taijiquan ( LO family wu), has some of the best ironpalm I've ever seen, one of the top ten fastest recorded hand strikes in the world, does teach qigong ( mostly in seminars) and always starts kungfu class with an hr of taijichuan, and he is an internatially acclaimed judge of lion dance.

I love the romanticism of 'shaolin' myself, but honestly, I have seen a bit of what's around at home and in dengfeng and elsewhere around the world and country; shaolin / cma/ tma or otherwise, and not only would I choose my sigung over a great lot of shaolin folk ( or others anywhere), I wouldn't neccessarily ever overlook the traditional kungfu teachers in chinatown or the phonebook neither. you never know what you'll find when you start talking to ppl.

Also, maybe you can haggle with someone for private lessons if you cant slot into the class program??

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

• Thing is, BTL, we don't have a china town here. There's very, very little in the way of qi gong.
              I found 4 places, I dismissed one because it's too far away and I don't drive.
              I am limited by needing an accessible venue (wheelchair user), and needing it to be close to the town centre so I can get there.

You didn't say who your sigung was, so I could see if his school has a group nearby. But I doubt he does, unfortunately.

Djon Ma
              Karma Dechen Djon Ma
              Shantideva

Comment

• Training

UK Shaolin Temple Ltd has two headquarters, one in the UK and the other in China. The UK base is in the New Forest and the Chinese one, in Zhengzhou, Henan Province. We offer rich professional experience, built upon many years of working within the industry. We offer financial power and efficient operations. These are the things which ensure the successful staging of grand productions. UK shaolin Temple has hosted and promoted a great variety of performances, the influence of which has spread worldwide, through this establishing a good corporate image and links with other businesses.
                -------------------------------
                Jenilopaz

Search Engine Marketing

Comment

• could you tell me the price ?

Comment

Working...
                  X