Crazy Idea2: Viewing third and fourth dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Sky
    Well, you're right - I had really let myself oversimplify the point of what I was trying to say in the first place. You are so busy dissecting things and we've gone out on such a tangent that you missed my point. I sure would like to be able to explain myself better so even you could understand, but I'm not a very good writer. Maybe if you had a few more drinks it would make sense. Try Crown Royal Reserve - very smooth. I once ran across some Tennesse Sipping Whisky that was advertised as "the finest sipping whiskey that ever trickled down a man's throat". Really rough stuff.

good stuff bluesky..
    practice wu de

Comment

lol.... you should run for office, it really might work well for you.

bluesky: japan is secretly killing millions of its citizens every day! we must intervene and go to war!
      other guy: i assume you have some evidence of this.
      BS: i'm sorry, what i mean to say is, the japanese are a horde of murderous bastards and deserve to die!!
      OG: no. they're not. and they don't.
      BS: oh my, i seem to have oversimplified to the point where i have lost what i was trying to say in the first place. you are so busy dissecting things that you have missed my point.
      OG: you oversimplified something that was incorrect to begin with.
      BS: hahaha... well i would like to be able to explain myself better so even you could understand, but i'm not a very good orator. why don't you go watch some TV? i hear you are fond of that.

i predict an electoral sweep!

and thus i retire.
      Last edited by zachsan; 01-12-2005, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
        lol.... you should run for office, it really might work well for you.

bluesky: japan is secretly killing millions of its citizens every day! we must intervene and go to war!
        other guy: i assume you have some evidence of this.
        BS: i'm sorry, what i mean to say is, the japanese are a horde of murderous bastards and deserve to die!!
        OG: no. they're not. and they don't.
        BS: oh my, i seem to have oversimplified to the point where i have lost what i was trying to say in the first place. you are so busy dissecting things that you have missed my point.
        OG: you oversimplified something that was incorrect to begin with.
        BS: hahaha... well i would like to be able to explain myself better so even you could understand, but i'm not a very good orator. why don't you go watch some TV? i hear you are fond of that.

i predict an electoral sweep!

and thus i retire.

EL. OH. EL!!!!!

Friggin halarious!
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Zachan-you really are halarious

O.K. From the top - I came in on thoughts of 4th & 5th dimensions. I think I said;

Not only are there a 4th and 5th dimention, we now believe there are at least 11 dimentions. String theory dictates this notion. The current scientific reasoning shows that the entire universe came from 'nothing'. At the moment of the Big Bang, there were 2 basic particles, matter and anti-matter (called smatter). Then the other particles evolved from them. The question remains why smatter gave way to matter - some believe smatter went into one of the other dimentions. The force of gravity is the only thing we believe can transcend these dimentions. Think of the dimentions not as floors of a building but more like slices of bread. You can see the 4th dimention, sort of. Imagine you are talking to someone who can only see 2 dimentions. He cannot see a cube. He can only see a square. Well, you can draw a picture of the shadow of a cube in 2 dimentions. (2 cubes slightly overlaying each other, with the same corners connected.) He would see 2 cubes that have all 90 degree corners, attached at the corners with lines that are about 45 degrees. Then you could tell him that in 3 dimentions, all the lines are of equal length and all the angles are 90 degrees.
          Now, build a model with toothpicks or straws. Build 2 cubes, one twice as large as the other. Put the smaller one inside the larger one, and connect the same corners with toothpicks. You are now looking at the shadow of a cube from the 4th dimention. In the 4th dimention, all lines are equal and all angles are 90 degrees.

Yes, Yes, String Theory - Even though Relativity is considered a Theory, All of science from that point on has evolved using The Theory of Relativity as actual fact. And it works.
          Dude, if you can refute any of that, I know of a couple of Universities that would like you to make a couple of personal appearances and give some lectures. You remind me of a guy who wants to prove that gravity does not exist by jumping off a 10 story - and while passing the 5th floor saying, "Well, so far - so good!" By the way - Entropy Rules the Universe. If you can refute that, you will be considered a God.

Comment

i didn't try to refute any of that. i refuted your statements about lao tzu and his wisdom surpassing the knowledge of modern science. read the thread. and i'm done.

Comment

Welp, you got that right - Lao Tzu did surpass modern science. I saying when science get to the point where they have finally found the Ultimate Theory of Everything, they will have to name it - and Lao Tzu has already named it Tao.

"Before I became aware of Tao, a mountain was just a mountain, a river just a river. While I studied Tao, the mountain came to represent something other than just a mountain, the river something other than a river. As I become one with the Tao, the mountain is just a mountain and the river is just a river."

Comment

There is nothing that surpasses Tao - Tao is.

Comment

I find the lack of clarity to be a tad bit annoying. Play how you like, but, my opinion is that a better explanation will better suite your cause.

g
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Zach, the Daleks will have exterminated humans before we can invent a time-machine, therefore, Lao-tzu and Bluesprings are Timelords in their own right.
                    -Jesse Pasleytm
                    "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Working...
                    X