No announcement yet.

Shaolin Wahnam Institute Redux: Wong Kiew Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He and I had had an interesting exchange about treating cancer, many years ago.

You can find it in the Forum Archive. (the old forum)
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

You'd have to link that because i can barely find it my way around this site. It's probably gone.

Comment

thanks for sharing.

It was probably about €300 - €350. I was also shocked at the price for Sifu Wong's course in Ireland again about €350. It does seem to be quite a price for what seems to be a very simple exercise. It's so simple in fact any
        problem you have is answered with "relax and let go" essentially. Any problem
        is a problem because your thinking. Why does this require a €350 price tag.
        i think it's a crime. paying that much for something someone can teach you for free in a park on the weekends is absurd. but, in principle, what they're saying isn't wrong necessarily. the problem is telling people what they're supposed to do and not to doubt. people are free to do what they want. it's not about controlling people.

I will say that I witnessed Sifu Wong dive roll across the ground and spring up to show the joys and benefits of Chi Kung. It was quite good. At the time I was practising how to roll across tarmac without pain. There was no lack of energy in the roll. My friend and I joked that after the class he went to a room to bare with the pain in private.
        qigong rolls? lol

basically it's possible to roll on anything as long as your body is soft enough and your using proper technique. if your body is hard, it hurts. period.

it's a benefit, yeah, but ultimately it just comes from training for softness.

以柔克刚

Also another logicically sound piece would be that Chi Kung should heal the body then one can Do Kung Fu safely ad effectively without injury.
        i agree; just, why divide 'em? everything is everything, no? they're really the same.

Sifu Wong is International Sifu Grand Master Wong Kiew Kit.
        至人无已, 神人无功, 贤任无名.

You can tell a person in total detail on how to do something for an hour and when you ask the to do what you showed them they will do it totally wrong.
        people have to want to do it for themselves. then they acquire the proper skills, mentality, etc. which is why you can ask them to do it, even desire it yourself, but it just won't happen. it happens when the philosophies are absorded, the skills trained, and when the time is right.

it's interesting that you chose to do this. did you have any other motivations? and why do you thing qi flow is so hard to accept? just curious. perhaps it's the definitions you're confused over a bit.
        Last edited by onesp1ng; 09-12-2009, 03:49 PM.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

You'll find it in here: http://forumarchive.russbo.com/cgi-b...cus/discus.cgi

Forum Archive. In the menu. Sorry the site is so big and complicated. there's twelve years plus of shit in here.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Working...
          X