Shaolin Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Soccer

I'm probably the last to have seen this movie but I have to say that was a damn funny film with some great action! Or maybe I'm just easily pleased..

In the unlikely even that there's anyone else around that hasn't seen it I highly recommend it it.. I saw the orginal version with subtitles, I read somewhere the dubbed english version is not the same or as good.

I agree, top class movie. Wait till you see his (Stephen Chow's) next movie too, Kung Fu Hustle is the English Tiltle, which has just been released in Asia. Pretty much more of the same but well worth it too. Also check out imdb.com for a list of changes made from the original shaolin soccer in the Mirimax release if your interested.

Comment

We usually just call them Mirhax when it comes to rereleasing Asian films.
      practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
        We usually just call them Mirhax when it comes to rereleasing Asian films.

Hahaha, Quentin Tarintino's Hero.

I liked Shaolin Soccer as well, but the God of Cookery is still at the top of his movie list. It was just so awesome...
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Um, it was Quentin Tarintino presents Hero... but either way, I could see why they would want to associate a hollywood name with this...
          practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
            Um, it was Quentin Tarintino presents Hero... but either way, I could see why they would want to associate a hollywood name with this...
            Right, right. But when they said it on the commercials, it would say:

QUENTIN TARINTINO presents HERO

They did the same with Chungking Express.

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see projected movie sales of Hero if it were advertised without dropping QT's name every other second than it actually did.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Yeah, that would be interesting... Either way, I was psyched to be able to see it on the big screen, as I think I had watched it probably ten or so times before then.
              practice wu de

Comment

Hero is still on my 'to see' list.. have to find it on kazaa or something..

Comment

Well, the US release of the dvd is out already too....
                  practice wu de

Comment

Unfortunately I need the region 2 version which is still not available yet although it seems it may finally be available next month according to amazon.co.uk!

Comment

buy a region free dvd player.. it makes all this much easier...
                      practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                      X