TKD in shaolin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TKD in shaolin??

I noticed that they teach TKD at the shaolin EPO wushu college - isn't it a korean MA? Any ideas why they would teach it there?

They are learning TKD for competition purposes.

Comment

TKD is an olympic sport, and the olympics are still huge in a lot of countries.
      practice wu de

Comment

TKD rules also provide a nice platform for children to spar until they reach an age they can start with sanda. BTW, not as many people as you think care about national origins.
        -Jesse Pasleytm
        "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

But isn't the Olympics coming to Beijing in 3 years? So it would make sense they amp up their Olympic sports programs if they want to be a good competitive host.

And I read somewhere that wushu was going to be considered an Olympic sport in 2008...anyone know if that's true?
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

concidered yes, likely, no.

Check out some threads on www.kungfumagazine.com and www.jiayo.com
            as it has been discussed more there than here.
            practice wu de

Comment

well

well ,it belongs to one of the sport competition.Perhaps it really a little bit important.

Comment

Yep,
                Tae Kwon Do is popular in China. Actually most anything Korea in popular here. Especialy T.V. series and movies. In fact if you ask most Chinese what countries men and women they think are the most attractive, they'll say Korean. The only international food they have here in abundance in Korean, with the acception of KFC and McDonalds. THey have others, mainly Japanese, but not like Korean.

Back to Taekwando. Here in China they call it Tai Chuan Dao. Most of the places that teach it (in my area of Shandong) don't train in it for competition or olympic purposes. Just because it's Korean and they think it's fun.

That's what my students and teachers tell me....

So, yeah, some of the Dengfeng Shaolin schools that have large amounts of students teach Tai Chuan Dao !
                "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

there is not ktd in shaolin lessons.
                  people learned just for competition.

Comment

For a totally beginner,that is better to leanr,karate or chinese kungfu

Comment

Originally posted by baiwanxi View Post
                      Yep,
                      Tae Kwon Do is popular in China. Actually most anything Korea in popular here. Especialy T.V. series and movies. In fact if you ask most Chinese what countries men and women they think are the most attractive, they'll say Korean. The only international food they have here in abundance in Korean, with the acception of KFC and McDonalds. THey have others, mainly Japanese, but not like Korean.
                      That was a trend which started around the year 2000, it was called "
                      韩流". Recently there has been quite a stiff backlash against the Koreans among some "radical youths" in China.

The only problem with the attractive Korean actors and actresses is that most of them have had plastic surgeries (almost 100% for actresses), whereas this is much less common among their counterparts in China.

Comment

Working...
                      X