Tiger Balm, Thai Liniment etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Balm, Thai Liniment etc etc

I massage in tiger balm on sore muscles, it tends to work.

What do you use? Where do you use it? Does it work? Where do you get it?

And bruises, is there anyway of making them better quicker?
    Last edited by sunbird; 03-22-2003, 02:29 PM.

Chinese Medecine

This is what I am using and it worked for me very well so far. You can get it on a number of websites. Also, once progressed further you might convince your master to show you how to make your own. There are a number of recipes out there. However until then, go for the regular stuff.

Uwe

The information below is provided by the Yulin Pharmaceutical Company, Guangxi.

Zheng Gu Shui is a kind of traditional product produced solely by our factory. It received the National Quality Products Silver Award and it belongs to the National Protected Chinese Medicines and the National Basic Medicines, which has been popular with our customers in the last 40 years.

Instructions on Zheng Gu Shui (Orthopedic Tincture)
    This tincture is based on an age-old folk formula which is being nationally kept confidential in a specific region. Its superior quality and strict manufacturing processes have earned it a Gold Award and Silver Award given by the Guangxi Regional People's Government and The State Council. Due to the unique formula and the long-lasting and obvious effect, Zheng Gu Shui is internationally reputed for healing sprains during sporting exercises and rheumatism.

The Close Retlationship between Zheng Gu Shui and Exercise
    "Life Relies upon Exercise" is a sage axiom. Biology tells us that life is the highest form of organic exercise and our health - the normal exercise in life - is directly related to an appropriate amount of physical exercise and sports. A saying runs thus. "Runnimg water does not rot, windows and pivots know no decay," which means that machinery which is left idle for too long will get rusty and out of order. Just as a man who does not exercise will suffer a degeneration in the functions of organs. From research on animals' behaviour one finds that wild animals enjoy a life-span twice as long as that of domestic animals and are stronger and more energetic. The simple reason is that to survive, they have to run around in the wilderness so the large amount of physical exercise fully strengthens the function of various organs, accelerates metabolism and prevents premature degeneration and withering of organs. Therefore, human beings need exercise. Applying Zheng Gu Shui before and after exercise prevents cramps and has a remarkable therapeutic affect against fatigue.

Marvellous Effects
    Man is subject to fatigue and Zheng Gu Shui can overcome fatigue. It can not only speed up blood circulation, relieve minor muscular pain and rheumatic pain but also can treat sprains, bone fractures and dislocation of joints. Rubbing Zheng Gu Shui on body or bathing in water with a little amount of Zheng Gu Shui before and after physical exercise or labour can prevent and stop fatigue and is good for rheumatic pains.

Ingredients:
    Radix Pseudoginseng 25%, Curcuma Phaeocaulis Valeton 18%, Cinnamomum Camphora Nees et Eberm 15%, Radix Angelicae 13%, Moghania Macropylla 12%, Inula Cappa 12%, Menthol 3%, Camphora 2%

Action:
    Heals bone fractures, relieves pains, dissipates swelling and bruises, accelerates local blood circulation and metabolism, disposes and absorbs exudates of injured tissues and cells, hastens the growth of osteoblasts to factiltate rest and recuperation on the patient's part and speeds up the healing of bone fractures.

Indication:
    Various kinds of bone fractures, dislocation of joints and sprains, effective in preventing or dissipating rheumatic pain and fatigue before and after sports and physical exercise.

Special Qualities:
    This tincture is clear, pure, volatile, and acts and infiltrates quickly. It is suitable for common sporting activities and does not harm the skin, provided there is no wound.

Direction:
    Rub the area peripheral to the bruise with cotton soaked with the tincture for anaglesis. Restore dislocated joint to proper position manually, dress with soaked cotton. After one hour of medication on upper limbs or one and a half hours on lower limbs, remove the cotton. Apply two or three times daily thereafter until total recovery.

Attention:

Not to be ingested.
    Fractured bones or dislocated joints must be restored to proper position before application of medicine.
    Application should be reduced according to age in case of children due to the delicacy of skin. Adults should also follow the directions for application to avoid excessive stimulation and inflammation of the skin.
    If the wound bleeds, stop the bleeding and rub medicine around the wound. Do not rub on to the wound.
    Do not bandage after medication so that blisters arising from the obstruction in blood circulation can be prevented.
    In the case of bone fracture and joint dislocation, the normal function of the wounded part may be affected by non activity over a long period. Therefore, when the patient approaches recovery, he should take mild exercises to help the wounded part resume its function.
    Storage:
    This medicine is highly volatile. The bottle should be tightly closed after use and kept away from fire and high temperature.

Comment

Some of the best liniment I've been told, for muscle injuries, sprains, strains, etc, is made in Shaolin.

It is composed of a hundred or so scorpions, all fermenting in an alcohol bath, in a bottle.

I never used it, though I have seen it. I've also watched some of the local townspeople running about in the hills of Shaolin, turning over rocks, and grabbing scorpions. With chopsticks...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

hehe

hehe..

asians are funny
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

hehe

10 000 thanks for your replies! I will try to get a hold of that stuff uwe sounds wonderful!

But hmm, pseudoginseng, that sounds real fishy to me!

Comment

scorpion potion

The afforementioned scorpion "potion" works great. You forgot about the rattlesnakes that are also fermenting in the alcohol solution. Or at least the one I used had baby rattlesnakes mixed in the bottle with the scorpions, amongst a lot of other ingredients!!

Comment

Originally posted by sunbird
              10 000 thanks for your replies! I will try to get a hold of that stuff uwe sounds wonderful!

But hmm, pseudoginseng, that sounds real fishy to me!
              Pseudoginseng is actually an herb to stop bleeding and smooth the blood flow, not a fake ginseng There is a hilarious tradtional shaolin herbal powder it is the main ingredient in - it is indicated for "injury to the neck caused by halberd"- ouch!

I like wood lock oil for bruises and muscle pain- if you rub it in a few times before bed, bruises will be gone by the AM. I used that to take care of some serious black and blue marks and it did the trick overnight. The bones were still bruised, but the soft tissue was feeling good. My old Tuina teacher uses this linament for everything.

Shu jin lu ("easy-flex" from nan san pharmaceuticals in Hong kong) is good for tendinous injuries.

Zheng gu shui and U-I oil rock too.

For more suggestions on some you can make yourself, pick up a copy "a tooth from the tiger's mouth". good stuff.

Comment

Forum User Sunbird,

Try Shaolin Internal Qi Skill.As long as you have the patience it will work(I am not refering in the replacement of conventional medicine with the mentioned Internal Skill series)

Comment

I drank some "potion" with snakes in the bottom of the jar in Xian. I don't think it helped to heal anything though !!!!! Maybe if you drank enough you would think you were healed. I WAS told it was medicinal, I don't know in what sense though...
                  "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

็*‹่‚‰ใฎๆๅ‚ทใฏใ€ๆปๆŒซใซใฏใ€ๆ*ชใŒไปŠใงใ ฏไธ€่ˆฌ็š„ใชใใ‚Œใฏใ‚ใชใŸใฎใŸใ‚ใซใ™ในใ ฆใฎ้€ฃ็ตกๅ…ˆใ„ใใคใ‹ใฎๅœฐๅŸŸๅŒป็™‚ใ‚นใƒˆใ‚ข ใฎๆœ€ๅˆใซใ—ใŸใปใ†ใŒ่‰ฏใ„ใงใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€‚ใƒฌใƒ“ใƒˆใƒฉ

Comment

アンニョン、兄ちゃん...実はタイガーバームは、それについて心配な背中の痛み、または任意のものより. ... Dont'tのいずれかのタイプに効率的です...それは酸であり、加えてアルカリ、中性に等しくなります 。酸は、そのアルカリの、その逆を中和するために使用されます。たとえば、歯磨き粉が口の中に酸を中和する ために使用されるアルカリです..... アラバ

Comment

Working...
                      X