Pimsleur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimsleur

Anyone tried the Pimsleur language tapes/cd? They have great reviews everywhere but cost quite a lot..

They are invaluable. A little slow, but listening to it really gives you something.

Comment

I don't particularly care for language tapes. I get nothing out of them. I've used Power Chinese, on my laptop, which I found to be very educational, and am now using Rosetta Stone, which I think is a good product. So far...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Forget learning new languages, man. I would rather spend my time building a time machine and going back to teach my young self different languages. But then when I come back I might have a German or Mexican wife. Who knows.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

i've used the cantonese one and found it really simple to learn. They get a little repetitive but that's useful in learning. To be fair I only got to lesson 10 as then got a little lazy but I will finish them one day. Also got the mandarin one too but not even started that but I guess it's more of the same teching stlye and therefore I'd reccomend. They are especially good for listening to on route to somewhere like on the tube or in the car where a computer program is less usable. End of the day; a combination of tools and exposure to the language are going to be the best way of learning.

R

Comment

I'd recommend them. I have the pimsleur mandarin and when I had the time to use it, I found it very rewarding. And 40 bucks is not very expensive, not for what you could really pay to learn a language.
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Pay to learn a language? jeez...why didn't I think of that?

g
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fa Hui
                I'd recommend them. I have the pimsleur mandarin and when I had the time to use it, I found it very rewarding. And 40 bucks is not very expensive, not for what you could really pay to learn a language.
                40 bucks?? Where did you find it for that price? Its $234 on amazon.. Pimsleur Mandarin 1

Comment

Get it used for $190
                  practice wu de

Comment

this is the one I got. Your looking at the "Super" Pimsleur, that will help you learn Chinese in your sleep. The one I got is simpler, but there is even one for 20 bucks called Instant Mandarin.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Oh, cool, thanks man.
                      practice wu de

Comment

i'm not telling you to do this but, you can download them for free, off some sites.....
                        limewire,winmx..ect

Comment

Yes, Limewire is AWESOME for having stuff I never even expected them to have.
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                          X